DjangoBooks.com

Pickguard

Any transparent pick guards that could be recommended. I fancy the eloctrstatic ones but have heard they could mess up the finish if left on long enough or leave a residue. Any thoughts?.

Comments

• Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator

One of the things about learning gypsy picking is that you will find that you don’t really need a pick guard, Henrik.

Most gypsy jazz guitars don’t have one for that reason.

Weird at first, I know, but you will soon get used to it.

Will

Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."
  • HenrikHenrik New

Ye hard to get used to........i sound pretty clumsy!

I use cellphone screen protector. iPhone 7 or similar for a sake of a larger screen but old enough where it's very cheap. Easy to out on, easy to take off, never any signs something was on there once removed.

mac63000wim
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • mac63000mac63000 Tacoma, WANew Geronimo Mateos Jazz B

Too bad they don't make these in tortoise shell ?

• geese_comgeese_com Madison, WINew 503

Are you able to share a link of an example please?

I ordered this last time, 4 for $6.50

geese_com
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • Russell LetsonRussell Letson Prodigy

A golpeador (used on flamenco guitars) should serve fine. My Michael Dunn and Goodall both have them--at least, the clear plastic applied in pickguard position sure looks like a golpeador.