DjangoBooks.com

How is my gypsy jazz progress coming along?

KalebimaKalebima New
edited January 2012 in Gypsy Jazz 101 Posts: 39
Here's how far I've come after 81 days. Hope it's not too bad for you guys...I've got lessons starting in two days so it can only get better from here!

http://gypsyjazzjourney.wordpress.com/2 ... 08/day-81/

Comments

• englishjanetenglishjanet NetherlandsNew
    Followed your blog with interest, I,m only a beginner but you seem to be coming along just fine.
    Do you like the Rosenberg Academy best? I thought it might be a bit difficult for real beginners ,your lucky inthat you already play guitar
    keep blogging :)
    Janet
  • Hi Janet

Welcome to the forum.

Jay
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • englishjanetenglishjanet NetherlandsNew
    Thanks Jay :)
  • kungfumonk007kungfumonk007 ✭✭✭✭
    Brilliant - what a great idea - how long have you been playing guitar in general? Thanks for sharing your gypsy jazz journey with us. Sounds great by the way.
  • KalebimaKalebima New
    Janet - I think the RA does a great job of helping beginners with the basics, and the songs are great to grind your teeth on. That being said, if you're an absolute beginner I think it'd be in your best interest to maybe work through JustinGuitar's beginner course or something similar to get the basics of the instrument down. If you have a GJ teacher nearby then you could start right away, but I think that trying to learn this music by yourself would be extremely tough just starting out (it's hard for me and I've been playing for a while!)

Kungfumonk - I've been playing guitar for a bit over 4 years at this point. Thing is, like all too many usI spent the first 3 years in a perpetual rut playing pentatonic scales ad infinitum and not really putting much practice into my work. I'm fortunate enough now to found a style of music that "clicks" with me and makes me want to practice and achieve something!