DjangoBooks.com

Sample from an upcoming album

JonJon melbourne, australiaProdigy Dupont MD50B, '79 Favino
edited March 2012 in Welcome Posts: 391
Hi All,

Just thought I'd post this here. It's a recording I engineered and played on. Not quite out of the mixing stage yet. The band is Peter Baylor's "Ultrafox", based here in Melbourne, Australia. It's Minor Swing, with original lyrics from the singer, the fantastic Julie O'Hara. I'm the last solo, after the fiddle, doing a rough, and somewhat superficial Tchavolo impersonation.

http://soundcloud.com/jon-delaney-music/minor-swing-ultrafox

Hope you enjoy it,

jon

Comments

• SickstringSickstring Chicago✭✭✭
    Hi Jon,

Thank you for sharing this. I caught your video on the Caravan Guitars webpage and wanted to hear more of your playing. Are you using the Jean Barault on this track?

Scott
  • JonJon melbourne, australiaProdigy Dupont MD50B, '79 Favino
    Hi Scott,

Thanks for listening! No, on this recording it's my Dupont Busato Royale. I'm updating the tuners on the Barault, and it was in the shop at the time we did the recording. They are very different guitars. The Barault has a big bottom end, and sounds really warm and round. The Dupont is all pristine cutting highs - almost a mirror image (I rolled off a bit of top end in the mix). The funny thing is that the Barault is still almost as loud as the Dupont.

That recording is finished now, so I'll post up some more clips from it soon. Got some great lesser played things on it - a couple from Sarane Ferret in particular.

Cheers,

Jon