DjangoBooks.com

Me playing Django's Tiger

AmundLauritzenAmundLauritzen ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2012 in Gypsy Jazz 101 Posts: 236
Hi guys! I've been learning gypsy jazz for about a year now from the Rosenberg Academy. I want to share with you my progress after a year of studying at the academy. Here is a video where I play Django's solo on Django's Tiger: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoFqssNL ... ideo_title

I'd be happy to get critique on my playing, tips on what I can work on to improve my technique and tone. I'll be posting videos regularly to document my progress in learning this style. I'd love to get to know more players in this style and to make some friends around the world, because I don't know about anybody in my area who plays this style. If there is anyone in Norway who like to meet and jam, then let me know :D

The guitar in the video is the Dell Arte Jimmy Rosenberg model that I ordered from Djangobooks. After a year of playing it I just keep falling deeper and deeper in love with the instrument. I think John really made a masterpiece with this model. The Wegen pick really makes a difference too, but I know I have a long way to go to achieve the tone I want(Dutch style: Stochelo, Jimmy, Paulus etc).

I hope to get to know some of the fine players who hang out on this site.

Great to meet you all :D

Comments

• HCQHCQ Northeast NJ✭✭✭
    Bravo!
    HCQ
  • arjrarjr ✭✭✭
    Nice clean playing, you have those vibratos down.

Angelo
  • StevearenoSteveareno ✭✭✭
    Excellent pickin' on one of my favourite tunes. Lovely tone and good recording quality too. Those John Kinnard Dell Arte's are way cool. Thanks for posting. Must have another go at getting a handle on it myself.
    Swang on,