DjangoBooks.com

My modest take on "Bistro Fada" and "Sous Le Ciel de Paris"

AbelAbel New
edited May 2012 in Archtop Eddy's Corner Posts: 4
Hi all,

My name is Abel and I am an amateur guitar player from Santa Clarita, CA.
Here is my modest interpretation of Bistro Fada that I just discovered 3 days ago while
watching "Midnight in Paris".
I fell in love with the sequences of the 1920s and the superb composition and performance of Stephane Wrembel.

Not a godd sound quality, a cheap Cigano guitar for students and numbness feeling in my right
hand after my recent neck surgery.

I hope you will like some of it and dismiss the breaks where I forgot the next upcoming choruses.

I also loaded my version of "Sous Le Ciel de Paris" - Edith Piaf

Regards,
Abel

Comments

• BonesBones Moderator
    Wow, only 3 days! Nice job, you must have put in some time on that!

I'm up in Santa Barbara and work in Carp. Do you ever get up this way? Maybe we can meet up to play a few tunes. Let me know if you are heading north with some time to spare.
  • wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica
    sounds really different with the swing .. !

i'm never sure whether to swing these waltzes or not. my favourite guy on the waltzes is tchan-tchou and he seems to sometimes swing them and sometimes play them straight , even at different times on the same tune.
  • englishjanetenglishjanet NetherlandsNew
    Hello Abel great to see you here! I have watched a lot of your films when you were playing electric guitar... nice that you've found gypsyjazz ,enjoy

Janet
    :)