DjangoBooks.com

Comments

• AhabAhab GB✭✭
    I see that didn't last long!

How much did it sell for?
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    Methinks Bob's guitars always sell for the posted price. They are in such demand that there's no need to negotiate.
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • dmin7thdmin7th ✭✭
    I saw it listed late last night and was amazed that I was actually in a position where I could buy a Holo. The next day: gone! :D

Holo's guitars don't have truss rods?
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    No, they don't. Necks with properly seasoned woods don't need truss rods. Bob's have carbon fibre reinforcement. The guitar that Rodrigo Shopis built for me has the same. It's not moving.
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • nicksansonenicksansone Amsterdam, The Netherlands✭✭✭✭
    I got a tweet and it was gone about 2 seconds after it went online.
  • AhabAhab GB✭✭
    What was the listed price?
    dmin7th wrote:
    Holo's guitars don't have truss rods?
    Check out this topic for some thoughts on truss rods from the man himself
    http://tinyurl.com/8yk829m

When I asked Rodrigo Shopis to build me a new guitar, his first recommendation was to go without a truss rod in favor of graphite reinforcement. I took his advice without hesitation, having previously read Bob's opinion on the subject.
    Benny

-- Orson Welles
  • noodlenotnoodlenot ✭✭✭
    klaatu wrote:
    Necks with properly seasoned woods don't need truss rods. Bob's have carbon fibre reinforcement.
    Well, no neck actually needs a truss rod, for that matter, but they are useful for their intended purpose: small adjustments to the neck relief (when they´re needed). this just seems to be one of those wonderful, never ending topics.
    Also, seasoned wood isn´t inherently stiffer, just less prone to dimensional change due to humidity changes (warping, twisting, cupping,... - to what extent it depends on the wood species). And the extra stiffness of a carbon fibre reinforcement will only be useful if it´s inserted out of the neck´s neutral axis, IIRC: if you care to skim through some heavy flame-bating and muscled arguing, there´s good info on this delcamp´s thread: http://tinyurl.com/cpeq2pu - search for Mr. Alan Carruth´s posts.

bob holo´s guitar are really a treat to look at. wish someday i could hold one.

cheers,
    miguel.
  • Archtop EddyArchtop Eddy Manitou Springs, ColoradoModerator
    Just wanted to drop a note to say, "Bob, thanks for your continued great work and congrats on another beautiful guitar!" I'm sure whoever bought the guitar will be a very happy customer (much to the envy of the rest of us!) When I saw the Holo up for sale, I was nearly hyperventilating in temptation to buy it. As a lefty, I was thinking, "I can live with the cutaway on the wrong side. Afterall, it's a Holo!" However, I also knew it would be best in the hands of a deserving righty, and if I waited just a little longer, the temptation would be gone. I waited--and in a few hours--Holo "On Hold". Tempatation gone. AE
  • AhabAhab GB✭✭
    How much does one of his standard models sell for new? It seems that his guitars offer the most for what you pay for, incredible tone, fantastic projection, impeccable craftsmanship and the kind of playability that you get from a guitar maker who is very attuned to the musicians needs.