DjangoBooks.com

1990 Vanden Handcrafted Archtop For Sale

For sale is a 1990 Vanden archtop jazz guitar. These are handcrafted in Scotland by Master Luthier Michael Vanden. He makes guitars for Martin Taylor, famous fingerstyle guitarist, as well as services all of Taylors guitars. This is a beautiful piece and looks similar to the one Martin Taylor is holding in the picture. On youtube you can see Taylor touring Vanden's workshop as well as Taylor playing them.By the way, my piece was signed on the backplate by Martin Taylor himself. I confirmed this via email with Taylor. I have never seen another Vanden guitar in America or know anyone who has. These are very rare indeed.The price has been reduced for quick sale. I looked at the Vanden website the other day. This model isn't being made anymore. The closest guitar to mine is the Cadenza. It looks very similar except the cutaway is the European style, more a flat cutaway than the rounded cutaway of American guitars. The Cadenza sells for the equivalent of almost $12,000.00. This guitar has one hummbucker and one single coil pickup. The $3,500 I am asking is $400 less than I paid for it. It is a bargain for a very special handcrafted guitar. Thank-you, David

Comments

• PrettigPrettig New
    Hi

Just saw Martin Taylor and Tommy Emmanuel in Eugene OR tonight.
    What a show.

Is your Vanden still for sale?

My info is
    Penn Rettig II
    <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e -->
    541-344-7000 office
    541-914-5360 Cell

Thanks

Penn