DjangoBooks.com

Peche a la mouche pickup SOLD!

klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
edited May 2012 in Classifieds Posts: 1,665
Hi everyone -

I am selling a practically brand new Peche a la mouche magnetic pickup (http://tinyurl.com/75mbpza), right hand version. Price is $250 + shipping from Canada. I have played with it a few times, gigged with it once. Still in the original box.

If you're looking for a magnetic pickup for gypsy guitar, you can't beat this. I bought it to use in feedback-prone situations because my AT831b mike couldn't hack it. I wasn't willing to drill holes in my guitars for installed pickups, and I had found contact pickups like the Schertler Basik to be unsatisfactory (to my ears, YMMV).

However, I found that I just don't care for the electric sound at all. If you run it through an acoustic amp, the magnetic quality is tamed somewhat, but it's still a mag pickup, so you won't get true acoustic sound. I'm stuck on pre-Stimer acoustic Django, and that's that. Not long ago, I bought an Ischell Inside Box from Michael, and it has proven to be an excellent solution to my problem: needing good acoustic sound with feedback control. But if you favor electric Django, this is the pickup for you. I much prefer it over the Stimers that I have heard.
Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
-- Orson Welles

Comments

• MundoMundo Las Vegas, NevadaNew
    Peche a la mouche p-ups work fantastic and you're selling it for a great price! But like you it's not acoustic sound I want.

I got an Ischell from Michael as well and really like it. I'm driving myself crazy trying to find a sweet spot for the contact mic. Right now I have it on the inside part of the bridge and lower right below the high E string. I know that's not where the directions say it should go but I'm going with me ears...Any suggestions?

Mahalo- Mundo
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    It's like any contact pickup, the sweet spot may vary with the guitar. I mount mine exactly as the instructions say, smack in the middle of the bridge on the soundhole side with the center of the pickup a bit less than an inch away and, but your guitar may be different.
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles