DjangoBooks.com

Contact with Daniel Givone

Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
Dear GGG members and lurkers,

Good news! Our ever-resourceful and alert GGG member Anthony managed to find an e-mail address for author Daniel Givone on Facebook, so I went ahead and wrote him a fan letter in French, telling him about our group and inviting him to come and visit us at this site.

I got an immediate reply:

Hello,

My english is not very good but thank you very much for your message who is in french so very easy to understand (ah! ah!)i'll go on your site and sure if I need help to translate something i'll let you know...maybe you'll go in Samois sur seine for the Django's festival at the end of june?

Amitiés

Daniel

I wrote back to explain that many of us here in North America (okay, ME!) are a bit intimidated by Samois-level playing and would not be attending, but that several of us would be attending Django in June in Northampton MA, and sent him the list of this year's staff.

I also told him that if it was agreeable to him, we of the GGG would be happy to speak to Andrew Lawrence, the organizer of DiJ, to ask Andrew to invite DG to be on the staff next year...

Anyway, don't be surprised if a new GGG member with a slight French accent should suddenly appear amongst us!

Will
Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."

Comments

• SpaloSpalo England✭✭✭✭ Manouche Guitars "Modele Jazz Moreno" No.116, 1980's Saga Blueridge "Macaferri 500", Maton 1960's Semi, Fender Telecaster, Aria FA65 Archtop
    That's excellent work. Let's hope he gets involved.

by the way, some of us here in the UK are also intimidated - it's not just a N.American thing... :D

Sp