DjangoBooks.com

Stimer ST48 pickup specs

Hello

I am a pickup maker here in France, and I have a Stimer 48 pickup that needs a rewind job.

I came accross this forum and I was wondering if by any chance some of you may have the dc resistance value of such pickup so that I can better match the original unit.

Thank you in advance for any help

Yves.

Comments

• spatzospatzo Virtuoso
    Hi

I suggest you to contact Maurice Dupont for this he copied the Stimers after he bought the trademark and tools from Guen owner of Stimer in France.

Maurice will for sure answer such a question with no problem
  • yves.byves.b New
    Hi,

thanks for the replies and advices, friendly place this seems to be.

As a matter of fact, I've sent an email to Maurice Dupont in the first place but haven't had answer yet.
    Maurice consulted with Benedetti (forget his first name)

FWIW, his fist name is Michel and Nicolas Mercadal took over him since 1996 - from what I am aware of - and has been the person who has run Benedetti pickups business ever since.

Interesting point to know the reissues are completly different kind of thing.

Anyway, at the end of the day, I can do this rewind by matching the wire gauge and coil size, though having had some kind of figure would have helped.

Thanks again.

Yves.
  • jscook777jscook777 ✭✭✭✭
    yves.b,

I just measured my reissue version of the ST48 and got 9.77k. Hope that helps :D

-Jason
  • yves.byves.b New
    jscook777 wrote:
    yves.b,

I just measured my reissue version of the ST48 and got 9.77k. Hope that helps :D

-Jason

definitely, this is the kind of info that I was looking for.
    Cheers Jason.

This plus keeping in mind what TedGottsegen mentionned about reissue being different, will help me narrowing the winding specs I need to meet.

Thanks !

yves.
  • yves.byves.b New
    Hi,

I've done the rewind, my customer is pleased with the result.
    I've had Maurice on the phone as well who confirmed the info I gathered here and found out with the shape and wire specs of the bobbin.

Anyway, thanks for your help here.

I thought this might be of interest to some of you to see what it looks like inside, so here are some pics. (soory for the french comments, but basically before/after/outside view).
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 779&type=1

Yves.
  • jscook777jscook777 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for posting these! I've been wondering what the inside looks like. Nice work with the rewind. :D