DjangoBooks.com

Amp question for Schatten pickup users

Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
My Michael Dunn guitar has a built-in Schatten pickup which I've been using with a Schatten pre-amp.

I've been playing it through an old PA system with fairly good results... yes, the sound can get a little "quacky" and clipped sometimes; and, no, it's not a totally natural sound, but it's at least passable and the main thing is that I can get decent volume and very rarely any feedback problems.

I've been thinking about buying a smaller amp, rather than carting around this whole PA system with those big metal tripod stands and everything. I'm thinking that something around 60 to 100 watts would be fine for my needs, and I could still bring out the PA system if I need it.

Has anybody found such an amp that seems to work well along with a Schatten pickup, for both rhythm and lead?

I'm especially interested in smaller amps, like the Fishman "Loudbox Mini" or "Lunchbox"... I love the small size, but is it going to make my guitar sound like I should be playing with Spinal Tap?

Thanks,

Will
Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."

Comments

• Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
    Hello? Hello? ***crickets****
    Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."
  • pinkgarypinkgary ✭✭✭
    MY schatten sounds as good through an AER as it ever does through a P.A. Loud enough to cope with most things, and light enough to wonder why you ever carted round a P.A. all this time.