DjangoBooks.com

Classical Case for Gypsy Guitar?

Has anyone tried to fit a gypsy guitar in a standard sized classical case? The standard selmer copy gypsy guitar that is.

thanks

Comments

• Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
    No, but I've owned several classical guitars in the past, and the bodies were much smaller than Selmer bodies. I can't see how it would work, but I have been wrong before...
    I've never been a guitar player, but I've played one on stage.
  • Joli GadjoJoli Gadjo Cardiff, UK✭✭✭✭ Derecho, Bumgarner - VSOP, AJL
    Classical guitars cases are much smaller, I tried. It's unlikely it will work. Std dreadnought size shouldn't far off though.
    - JG
  • bbwood_98bbwood_98 Brooklyn, NyProdigy Vladimir music! Les Effes. . Its the best!
    The fellas are right, of course!
    Unless you are talking about gig bags- I use a RB Continental gig bag, for classical guitar. . . .
    B.
  • richter4208richter4208 ✭✭✭
    Cool, thanks guys.
  • Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
    Joli, great quote from the Rev! He used to hang out with me years ago when he played the clubs in Cleveland. Really funny guy, and a walking encyclopedia of blues and gospel music.
    I've never been a guitar player, but I've played one on stage.
  • swing68swing68 Poznan, Poland✭✭✭ Manouche Modele Orchestre, JWC Catania Swing
    The rev and I share a surname. I'll have to look into that, especially as my strapline for what it's worth was made up before I'd even heard of him :)
    The war on Am7 and Cmaj7 begins here ...
  • wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica
    as has already been mentioned, classical is too small. i have found the shape called 'western' is a better fit than dreadnought , but it's still not perfect.
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    Dreadnaught case fits the lower bout quite well, but the gypsy body is shorter, so you have a big gap at the top and. The guitar is still held pretty securely, though.
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles