DjangoBooks.com

Any players in Houston?

edited November 2012 in Welcome Posts: 3
Hi guys,

To begin, this is my first message on this forum, my name is Benoît, I'm 26 and I just arrived from France in beautiful Houston.
I am very glad to join DjangoBooks' forum and to see that Django's music becomes more and more popular and widely known in USA.
My level is, I think, pretty good since I worked a lot on the rythm technique and started to learn soloing three years ago (6 in total), making me able to play on the "must know" Gypsy standards.

As the title says, I am looking for a mate(s) in Houston coz' to me there is no other way to play this music!! It would be very nice if anybody could help me to find Gypsy Jazz events, players, guitar makers or symply places to ear Django's music arround Houston!

Thks a lot, see y@!

B.

Comments

• gatsbygatsby United States✭✭✭✭
    Ah bah tu m'as devancé en fait ! :lol:

Hi everyone !
    Héhé je me suis dit que je viendrai voir ici si tu t'en étais rendu compte avant de te répondre sur manoucheries!! T'es sur quelle ville toi Gatsby?
  • MitchMitch Paris, Jazz manouche's capital city!✭✭✭✭ Di Mauro, Lebreton, Castelluccia, Patenotte, Gallato
    Hey Gatsby how are you doin'?
    So you're american also now?
    When did you get there?

Selmerhero I hope you'll soon find some mates to jam :)
  • Joli GadjoJoli Gadjo Cardiff, UK✭✭✭✭ Derecho, Bumgarner - VSOP, AJL
    Indeed, there are quite a few Frenchies around here.

Gatsby: are you in Virginia, really?
    We should get together and play. Send me an email through the Hot Club of DC website:
    www.hcofdc.com

On a une serie de concerts demain et apres-demain pour celebrer le Beaujolais Nouveau... Si tu es dispo, tu devrais venir nous voir.
    A bientot,
    Stéphan(e)
    - JG