DjangoBooks.com

Saturday Django Influenced Music! (brooklyn, NY)

bbwood_98bbwood_98 Brooklyn, NyProdigy Vladimir music! Les Effes. . Its the best!
edited January 2006 in North America Posts: 669
Hi everyone,
So my band has a gig this Saturday!
Franglais, A Django Influenced band plays gypsy swing with vocals. Featuring the vocals of Eve, Two Guitars (Myself and Tom Landman), Bass held down (and sometimes up) by the fantastic Piruz, and violin played in a very grapelli style by Monica. Its a great band, and there are going to be some very special guests!
It's going to be Killin'! A great swinging way to spend your Saturday night.
The location is jam for bread cafe, on the corner of pacific and Henry streets here in Brooklyn NY. The Cafe is easy to get to, It's one block of Atlantic ave, right near the BQE and a few short blocks from the F train at Bergen street. The time is from 8-11, and the cost is free. Jam For Bread is a BYOB kind of place with pastries and coffee and things. A great place to play; and listen!
Please come out. We'll be opening up the stage to some special guests during the show, and if you play gypsy jazz, there is a jam after; So BRING YOUR AXE!
Cheers,
B.

Comments

• bbwood_98bbwood_98 Brooklyn, NyProdigy Vladimir music! Les Effes. . Its the best!
    Hi all,
    So we are once again trying to raise a crowd . . . for a sunday Django jazz brunch see below:

Hi everyone,
    I am playing on Sunday this week with some freinds . .
    . . From 12-3 pm at Jam For Bread Cafe (333 henry
    street, brooklyn, NY).
    The band is me, on guitar, Steve Francour on guitar,
    and Piruz Partow on bass. It should be good, a great
    fun set of "gypsy jazz" here in brooklyn. If you are a
    musician, and want to sit in, feel free to come with
    your axe! We welcome folks sitting in! A great set in
    a place that has great coffee and pastries!
    Plus its free!
    Cheers,
    Ben

hope some of you will come out!
    Cheers,
    B.