DjangoBooks.com

Happy New Year Djangobuddies

edited January 2013 in Welcome Posts: 3,707
Wishing you a happy healthy and musical 2013 :D
The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed

Comments

• Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
    You too, Jay. I hope you make it out my way again.
    I've never been a guitar player, but I've played one on stage.
  • B25GibB25Gib Bremerton WA✭✭✭✭ Holo Busato, Dell'Arte Hommage, Gitane D-500, Eastman AR805
    Yes to all of our GJ players here who will see improvement in their playing over the next year! So much info and cds available to learn from!
    ..........Jam on! Happy New Near!
    ...........Rocky
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    All the best to everyone in 2013!

M
  • Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
    Happy New Year, oops, I mean, Bonne Annee!

I'm off to Paris today, where I'll be for the next two weeks. I wouldn't normally have chosen January as a time to visit Paris, but alas, the Django museum exhibition at the Cite de la Musique will be closing Jan. 23, so I really had no choice in the matter.

I'll be staying in a B & B in Montmartre recommended by a Toronto friend, and if it seems okay I'll pass along more details to anybody else who may be headed over there later this year... one Djangobooks buddy has already warned me that the price of 65 euros per night seems suspiciously low for Paris... okay, we'll have to see about that!

I've heard from my old DiJ buddy Trevor from the UK and he's going to try to get some time off and come over to Paris for a weekend. We hope to get together and drink some wine and play some music. And of course I'd be happy to see anyone else from around here who may be over there... please e-mail me at

[email protected]

Adrian H, I'm really grateful for your list and map of Paris GJ places which I'll be relying on when I get there----

[url=https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=112311171415325465173.000488eb1d4ee5259dd91]https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF& ... ee5259dd91[/url]

thanks again for putting that out for us, as well as everything else you do for the online community here at Djangobooks.com

And in fact, while I'm thinking about it, I'd like to wish special new year's greetings to everyone here who makes this place so much fun; this is the next best thing to live GJ music! So thank you, Michael Horowitz and everyone else who takes a lead role in keeping things happening around here.

Long may Djangobooks.com continue to thrive!

Will Wilson
    Niagara-On-The-Lake, ON
    (soon to be: Paris, France)
    Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."
  • kevorkazitokevorkazito Winnipeg Manitoba Canada✭✭
    Happy New 2013!

This is a great forum and I've learned much from you contributors.

All the best, Carlos :D
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Thanks for all the info this year to everyone! This forum has been a huge help to me.

Looking forward to another year of learning this classic music and sharing insights!
  • adrianadrian AmsterdamVirtuoso
    [quote="Lango-Django"]Adrian H, I'm really grateful for your list and map of Paris GJ places which I'll be relying on when I get there----[/quote]

You're very welcome! All I ask in return is that you let me know of any changes/deletions/additions to the list. I haven't been to Paris in a few years. :-)

Enjoy!
    Adrian
  • PassacagliaPassacaglia Madison, WI✭✭✭✭
    A belated thanks, Jay, and happy new year to you and all, everyone!

Will, sounds like a wonderful trip you've got going, have a blast.
    -Paul

pas encore, j'erre toujours.