DjangoBooks.com

Comments

• Jack NYCJack NYC New
    What are the specs for the d hole models....and how much money is required for pre order
  • Jack NYCJack NYC New
    Forget it i found the specs...lol...
  • AhabAhab GB✭✭
    I remember seeing on Altamira's website that there is an M40 model with solid flamed maple back and sides. Is this guitar going to be available to order too?
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    Ahab wrote:
    I remember seeing on Altamira's website that there is an M40 model with solid flamed maple back and sides. Is this guitar going to be available to order too?

To my knowledge that model is not currently in production. I will only have the models listed on my site.

Thanks,

M
  • anthon_74anthon_74 Marin county, CA✭✭✭✭ Alta Mira M 01
    for anyone thinking of getting a Gitane DG300, I HIGHLY recommend you go with a comparably priced alta mira instead. I have both a dg300 and an Alta Mira M01, and the Alta mira sounds LIGHT years better, AND has a friendlier neck. The only downside is the tuners (for the M01, unless they changed them), and the lack of side fret dots, which many of you don't use or need (but I do)...
    By the way, the Alta Mira is as LOUD as a CANNON. you'll actually have to practice playing lighter !

Cheers !!
  • noodlenotnoodlenot ✭✭✭
    yeah, Altamiras are wonderful guitars for the price. grab them before prices rise!
  • kevorkazitokevorkazito Winnipeg Manitoba Canada✭✭
    Last month I decided to get a GJ guitar. I was advised in this forum to get an Altamira M01. It's such a gratifying entry level guitar to play. I found that no further enhancements were needed right out of the box. It's very playable; stays in tune, has a great tone, and the fret board is very nice. You don't have to work at articulating the notes as the action is great.

The only issue that I have had thus far is the fret quality. I have some fret polishers on order and will report back on how well they worked. (Here is my earlier post regarding this issue: http://www.djangobooks.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11419)

If you are thinking about an entry level GJ guitar, you'll be happy with this one. I cannot understate how profound it is to use a proper GJ guitar when you are learning.

I hope to use this for a few years until I have a decent repertoire under my belt and I *deserve* to play a higher quality guitar. The offerings here at Micheal's store are very mouthwatering.
  • Arturo AzcarragaArturo Azcarraga Lawrenceville, GA USANew
    I was going to get one of the high end Sagas (I already have a D-500 and an GJ-0). But Michael highly recommended the Altamira, so I am definitely going with one of those. I am still trying to decide between the D hole and an Oval hole model. Tough decision because I like certain qualities of either model.
  • anthon_74anthon_74 Marin county, CA✭✭✭✭ Alta Mira M 01
    The only issue that I have had thus far is the fret quality. I have some fret polishers on order and will report back on how well they worked.

I'm not sure specifically about fret "polishing"... but I did bring mine in to a local luthier, and he worked on the frets quite a bit. When I got it back, the sound had really opened up in terms of hte upper register.

anthony