DjangoBooks.com

DJANGO IN JUNE 2013 LINE-UP!

Archtop EddyArchtop Eddy Manitou Springs, ColoradoModerator
edited February 2013 in Archtop Eddy's Corner Posts: 589
Hey all. Check out the lineup of artists and instructors for 2013. Very nice indeed!

All you need are first names here, and you know what I mean: Tcha, Adrien, Robin, Gonzalo, Denis, Adrian, Jeff, MIchael... and some new first names you'll remember: Rino, Jacopo, Christine... and let's not forget Ben (violin), Dallas (accordian), and our friend Jeremie (bass). Time to start gettin' your chops up! AE

http://djangoinjune.com/For_musicians/Artists_Staff.htm

Comments

• andoatagnandoatagn Northampton, MAProdigy
    Thanks for posting Archtop! There will be at least a couple more additions to the staff (mando and a second accordion teacher are in the works) and I'll be glad to bring on more guitar and violin instructors if we need them. There are several who've expressed interest and I'd love to have them. Folks need to be aware, though, that that's hard to do last minute in this genre, which is why early registration is such a big help.
    Cheers,
    ~Andrew
  • Archtop EddyArchtop Eddy Manitou Springs, ColoradoModerator
    You're welcome Andrew. This is a great lineup of instructors -- something for everyone of every level. Tcha was amazing at DjangoFest NW and is one of the most unique musical thinkers around. His workshops will be a "must". Tcha and Robin had a very special chemistry at DFNW. With both of them at Django in June, what a rare opportunity this will be to pick their minds for a whole week! Also, looking forward to Rino and Christine -- and of course, the roundup of heavy-hitters who will there! Thanks for putting this together! AE
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Ok, so this is a major pipe dream and I have not been to either event, but has anyone done Django in June (17-23rd) and then gone to Samois (26-30th)?

Is that even doable?

Also, how is it flying with a guitar (I also have not done this)? Do you use a hard case and check it or a soft case and try to stuff it in the overhead?

thanks
  • andoatagnandoatagn Northampton, MAProdigy
    Bones:
    One of the reasons I moved the date back a week this year was to make it easier for folks who want to do just that...especially those traveling from the West. Last year quite a few folks did both (I'm sure someone can find the "Django in June reunion" photo that was taken.)

Last time I went to Samois I put my guitar in a serious flight case but carried my clothes in a gig bag, then used the gig bag for walking around with the guitar once I was there. No matter how you do it, though, if you are camping, security at the campgrounds is a weak link.

Hope you can join us at Django in June!
    ~Andrew
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the info about the flight case. That makes sense.

No, we would not be camping. My wife has mobility issues so we would need to find a place to stay near by like a B&B or something. Does anyone have any leads for a place to rent?
  • PassacagliaPassacaglia Madison, WI✭✭✭✭
    This is killing me. I'm trying to find a way to swing this, though it's not looking good at this point. Part of it are airfares - am I missing something? Can be 2-3X what it cost last year?

Bones, for what it's worth, I used a gig bag last year and put on puppy eyes, asking the stewardess if I can please use the closet near the cabin...worked. No idea why. This year, if I'm going, and if timing works out, I'm coming back with a Shopis...and there is not a chance in hell I'd risk the same mode again.
    -Paul

pas encore, j'erre toujours.
  • Air fares seem to be up a bunch in the May Sept period.
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • Air fares seem to be up a bunch in the May Sept period.
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Hi Paul,

Thanks for the tip. If we go I'll get the flight case.
  • PassacagliaPassacaglia Madison, WI✭✭✭✭
    If you go, have a blast, Bones. An incredible experience, one I'll never forget. Andrew deserves all the success in the world for pulling something like this together. And the community of, what, well over 100 players? - is also something I'll never forget. I made friends with so many great people and brilliant artists to boot, and if you go, I'm sure you will as well.
    Jazzaferri wrote:
    Air fares seem to be up a bunch in the May Sept period.

Man, and how. This actually caught me by surprise...market lag in fuel costs? (I deliberately eschew knowing most things about the modern world....)
    -Paul

pas encore, j'erre toujours.