DjangoBooks.com

Pain in right forearm and hand

edited April 2013 in Technique Posts: 29
Bad. I don't know how this happened but I started having pain in my right hand and forearm. I thought it was tendonitis, having never had anything like this happen to me before. So I started doing tendonitis stretches and I got worse. Now I have been seeing a physical therapist who told me not to play. So I haven't been playing for a week and I'm doing all these stretches and working on my posture. Apparently, according to the physical therapist, my bad posture was causing me to develop thoracic outlet syndrome thus the pain in my forearm but I'm not convinced. A guitarist/teacher with 50 years experience I talked to said I probably was using bad technique. He said that one should use more of a flat, straight wrist for comping than when you play solo lines. Anyway I really want this to go away soon and I hope I didn't injure myself permanently. Let me know if you've ever had a similar problem.

Thanks.

Comments