DjangoBooks.com

"When Your Lover Has Gone"

Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
edited July 2013 in Repertoire Posts: 1,854
This is one of Louis Armstong's "good old good ones".

I wasnt able to find out if Django ever recorded it, but since almost all the other great singers and players of his era did, I'm thinkin' our boy did as well.

The changes come from a fakebook I've got; they're not exactly the ones I would choose myself but they'll give you a good idea of where to start.

This is a fun tune to solo on and a pretty easy one to play the head, so as far as I'm concerned it's "win-win".

Will
Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."

Comments

• Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
    Meant to post this right after DiJ, but forgot: did you guys notice that Tcha Limburger sang and played this tune at his Saturday night concert?

Maybe he's been reading my postings! :lol:

Will
    Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."