DjangoBooks.com

La Chope des Puces, Paris

andreandre
edited May 2013 in Archtop Eddy's Corner Posts: 13
Hi... La chope des puces, in Paris, is one of the best places in the world to catch authentic gypsy jazz. (On sat. and sun. afternoons).
Just wondering if anyone knows the place - any stories - famous players you might have seen there - yes, Ninine and his son & nephew DO count!
Or if anyone is interested, I can provide directions, etc...

Comments

• wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica
    I visited after samois in 2009, and was just having a wine with another aussie friend when Tchavolo walked in and played a few tunes. I was standing there a bit bedazzled but managed to film some of him ripping out dolores ..

I will visit again probably in July 2013 :)
  • Archtop EddyArchtop Eddy Manitou Springs, ColoradoModerator
    Great shot and great angle! What a bounce with his right hand -- magical! Could watch that all day. AE
  • PassacagliaPassacaglia Madison, WI✭✭✭✭
    Unbelievable. Thanks for posting, Wim.
    -Paul

pas encore, j'erre toujours.
  • andreandre
    That's terrific, Wim! (and exactly what I had in mind when I started the thread. Cheers mate!)
    What a serendipitous afternoon to be there! Then again, apparently, Tchavolo pops in quite often. I think they even keep a room for him upstairs!
    Speaking of right-hand bounce, it's great to hear Ninine's muscular Pompe... Interesting to compare his sound on his Epiphone and on his Selmer copy.
  • wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica
    So who's gonna be in paris after samois / early july? Maybe we should organise a little chope des puces meetup!!
  • noodlenotnoodlenot ✭✭✭
    wondeful, thanks for posting! i love Tchavolo so much that i think my wife is getting jealous...

chope: expensive beer, great music!