DjangoBooks.com

Biréli Lagrène: Move

MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
edited May 2019 in Welcome Posts: 6,152
Biréli Lagrène's New CD Move ships Feb 22. Pre Order Now!

This should be good! Can't wait to hear it...

'm

Comments

• ClayClay Tulsa, OkNew
    This Cd is simply amazing. Ive been listening to it for a little while now , a friend overseas sent me a copy , its nothing short of top notch bireli. He really couldnt have picked better tracks to put on here. Its got something for the gypsy lovers , bebop lovers and even a track of wonderful electric jazz guitar. I was very excited about the cd initally because of the title "move" which is a favorite composition of mine by miles davis. Everyone go out and get this cd , its definatly a very neat combination of the gypsy rhythm (and may i say , props to hono for his astounding rhythm on this cd) and bebop saxopohone(s) , its a great mix. a must have!
  • nwilkinsnwilkins New
    Bireli's playing is great, but I find the mediocre sax playing detracts from my overall enjoyment of the album.
  • ClayClay Tulsa, OkNew
    i agree the sax player is not the most amazing sax player in the world , BUT , dont let that distract anyone from getting this album. The sax player , though hes no coltrane (which wouldnt really fit anyway) , is a wonderful guy , it just might take some adjusting to hear that kind of playing in a gypsy setting. And its always an inspiration to hear birelis new stuff. He does a solo number by the name of "jadis" thats so beautiful. Please all you gypsy fans pick this one up. if not for me , for Nin-Nin , who broke into tears hearing bireli for the first time as a child , saying he was the second django. Seeing what this man has become is simply amazing.
  • campfirecampfire New
    Sax? Electric guitar? HORRORS!!! :shock: I may have to cancel my order. :x Oh, well.

BTW, Clay. "Move" is a composition by drummer Denzil Best, not Miles Davis.

Larry Camp
    www.larrycamp.com (my personal jazz guitar website)
    www.impromptujazz.com (my gypsy-jazz website)
  • stublastubla Prodigy Godefroy Maruejouls
    campfire wrote:
    Sax? Electric guitar? HORRORS!!! :shock: I may have to cancel my order. :x Oh, well.

BTW, Clay. "Move" is a composition by drummer Denzil Best, not Miles Davis.

Larry Camp

Don't cancel Larry--its amazing!!
    Birelis solos on Hungaria,Cherokkee,and Move are superhuman--he only plays electric on a couple or 3 tunes
    Hes in a league of his own.
    Stu
  • campfirecampfire New
    Oh...OK, Stu. Thanks for talkin' me down. :wink:

Larry
  • ClayClay Tulsa, OkNew
    my mistake on the composer of move , i knew that , just thinking of his recording on the birth of the cool (miles davis). PLEASE dont cancel the order , its such an amazing cd. and whats so bad with electric guitar? i agree its not my favorite either , but when its bireli , its always good. And hes always got the impecable rhythm section of hono and diego to back him up.
  • campfirecampfire New
    Clay wrote:
    PLEASE dont cancel the order , its such an amazing cd. and whats so bad with electric guitar? .

Easy, Clay. I was just kidding. :wink: And there is "nothing so bad" about electric guitar either. As a matter of fact, if you ever were to click on my jazz guitar website (heaven forbid), you would see that I play a little bit of "electric" guitar, myself.

Larry
  • nwilkinsnwilkins New
    and I must say Larry you're pretty damn good at it ;)
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator