DjangoBooks.com

Heads Up! Manouche Moreno Modele Jazz #054 L.A. Area

pickitjohnpickitjohn South Texas Corpus, San Antonio, AustinVirtuoso Patenotte 260
Anyone in L A looking for a Possible "KEEPER"

You might want to check this out.
Manouche Moreno Modele Jazz, serial #054
Django Gypsy Jazz Guitar Manouche Modele Jazz EX+ w/HSC - $725 (Echo Park)

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/ms ... 84961.html

Wish I was there to check it out.

pickitjohn

:wink: GOOD LUCK

Might like to read this thread to find it's family amongst the Django Books community:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6822&hilit=Manouche+Moreno+Modele+Jazz

Comments

• ScoredogScoredog Santa Barbara, Ca✭✭✭✭
    I am not a Gypsy guitar expert but a buddy of mine mentioned this guitar last night to me so I bought it. It is in fabulous condition but I think I still have a lot to learn about tone for these instruments.
    I have a Gitane 250M for around seven years now and have had some success with it but with a new project in I decided to go for a better guitar. I notice a huge difference with the Gitane being a bit louder and it rings more (not as tight). I presume the ringing is not a particularly good thing for these guitars or am I mistaken?
  • pickitjohnpickitjohn South Texas Corpus, San Antonio, AustinVirtuoso Patenotte 260
    :D
    8)
    :lol:

Hey Dog you Scored

You are a lucky man

ENJOY

pickitjohn
  • pickitjohnpickitjohn South Texas Corpus, San Antonio, AustinVirtuoso Patenotte 260
    I notice a huge difference with the Gitane being a bit louder and it rings more (not as tight). I presume the ringing is not a particularly good thing for these guitars or am I mistaken?/quote]

Might want to get someone to check your setup and Bridge (someone who know the GJ guitars.

I would think you may find the Moreno will start sounding better with GJ technique.

Did you read the link below?
    viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6822&hilit=Manouche+Moreno+Modele+Jazz
    Thanks, I'll get a setup
    I have pseudo gypsy technique
    You can check my site to see how I interpret things if you wish.
    All guitar leads are the Gitane and all rhythm is a 1929 L4
    Looking forward to recording with the new guitar.
    Hey Craig,

Congratulations, on all your musical success, very nice, professional, and impressive web-site.
    Sounds like your doing what you Love and have been well received and acknowledged.

BRAVO 8)
    If I recall the original Craigslist post the seller talked about Ebony Shims under the bridge.
    You could check the following links to see if you may be able to get your guitar right yourself.

There's a lot of great people here from whom I've gain the little bit of wisdom and experience I'll share.

I just got an old Patonotte 260 that after searching the forums, I used the following suggestions and they really help improve the volume and tone of this beautiful instrument.

Josh who does Michaels setup and out the door "Gotta be right adjustments", posted a very informative post on Fitting your bridge,

link here:
    viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1200#p6484

Bob Holo who's beautiful guitars disappear from Michael's store literally minutes after they are posted has a youtube video "Bob Holo quick course on gypsy jazz guitar setup"
    very helpful

link here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4AsILK_kH8

Someone, post some very sage advice don't recall who but it went something like.

"First work on getting your bridge right and you'll have a new guitar."

It was in reference to getting the right guitar. Don't recall who said that however it hit home and really helped me.
    Thanks you old GYPSY whoever you were. :wink:

Good luck on your new project hope the guitar inspire's and opens new doors for you.

pickitjohn
    South Texas
    Thanks so much for the info John!

If I can't figure it out I can at least send it to my repair guy but I will look it over to see if it something I wish to try (I am capable of screwing mechanical things up fairly quickly so being aware of limitations can serve me well).