DjangoBooks.com

Eimers Guitars, Favinos and braces

LorenzoLeJazzHotLorenzoLeJazzHot Naples, Italy✭✭ JWC Prima Jazz
Hello everybody!
I am soon going to have a new guitar built for me and I was very interested in Leo Eimers's model Quattre, since I'm a great fan of favino style instruments. Unfortunately, I've never heard an Eimers guitar in action and I'm not able to find very much about these guitars (except from Leo Eimers's website). I'm also very confused about the possibility to choice a custom model with 5 braces instead of 4.

Does anyone have any experience with Eimers guitars or any idea of what 5 braces can change in a Favino style instrument? Volume? Bass depth?

I'd love some feedback, thank you so much

Comments

• Stochelo plays onEimers now. Check out Rosenberg Academy...however keep in mind that he can make almost any guitar sound good.
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    stochelo's been playing a barault guitar for 2 years now ;-)

i did try his old eimers though, i think he gave it to his little brother, it was a nice guitar
  • Oh he just endorses them does he ...... Good to know.....certainly gives the impression he plays one in one of the clips.
  • LorenzoLeJazzHotLorenzoLeJazzHot Naples, Italy✭✭ JWC Prima Jazz
    Yes, I've seen Mozes on Eimers guitars more than Stochelo. Unfortunately, a Barault is still too far away from my "budget" possibilities... and I'm not a vip, so I doubt mr. Barault will ever ask me to become his endorser. I had just noticed that Eimers made custom models based on favinos (which I adore), so I was looking for any personal experience (since I didn't want to disturb Stochelo and Mozes personally :P )
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    If you're open to other possibilities, AJL's Gypsy Fire is a very fine Favino-style guitar (I think Denis will agree with that, he had one on loan for a while), and I own a Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan F model which is the best Favino clone I've ever played. No experience with Eimers, unfortunately.
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • I second the option with Rodrigo. I played one of his Favino copies at DiJ this year and it was quite nice.
  • I just checked the RA site. For those more knowledgeable, check out the guitar Stochelo is using on the clips. Tell me if it is not an Eimers guitar, I am not familiar enough to be certain.

The endorsement is at the bottom of the page.
  • LorenzoLeJazzHotLorenzoLeJazzHot Naples, Italy✭✭ JWC Prima Jazz
    It's likely that the guitar he plays for those videos is a Eimers, but he's actually playing every concert with his "new" barault.

No doubt this is the Eimers he sold a few time ago:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSHUO-OhYRY

I didn't know these Rodrigo, I'll have a look.