DjangoBooks.com

Need help with Bireli improvisation

ShawnShawn Boise, Idaho✭✭✭✭
edited October 2013 in Repertoire Posts: 296
I don't know if anyone can help me out with this or not, but I'm having a bit of difficulty making out what Bireli is playing in this video between about 1:10 and 1:21. It's a beautiful little lick, but I can't quite figure it out. Any help is most appreciated!

Comments

• johderojohdero
    Hey Shawn, here's what I got:

e|-----------------------------------------------------------------|
    b|-----------------------------------------------------------------|
    g|--------------------------------11--9---------------------------|
    d|---------------11---9---------- 0------12-----11--9-----------|
    a|-11--9---------0--------12---------------------0--------12----|
    e|--0-----12------------------------------------------------------|

e|--------------------------------------------------|
    b|-----------------------------------------------*4-|
    g|--------------------------------------------------|
    d|--------------------------9----------------------|
    a|-11--9--7-------9h10h11------9-------- 2----------|
    e|--0-----------------------------------------------|

e|------------------------------------------------------------------|
    b|------------------------------------------------------------------|
    g|-----------------------------------------------9h10h11--9--------|
    d|----------------------9h10h11---9------------- 0------------12---|
    a|-9h10h11--9----------0---------------12-------------------------|
    e|-0--------------12-----------------------------------------------|

e|--------------------10-----------------12-----0-|
    b|--------10h11h12-----------12-10-------------0-|
    g|---------0-------------------------12---------2-|
    d|----------------------------------------------2-|
    a|----------------------------------------------3-|
    e|----------------------------------------------3-|

Sorry the tab is kind of wonky, I've never had to write any on the computer before. It took me more time to format this post than it did to figure out the lick! Anyway, it's a good one, have fun.
  • swing68swing68 Poznan, Poland✭✭✭ Manouche Modele Orchestre, JWC Catania Swing
    Hey,

Stuck it in a tag to get Courier font. Ta-da!!! [code]e|-----------------------------------------------------------------| b|-----------------------------------------------------------------| g|--------------------------------11--9---------------------------| d|---------------11---9------- 0---------12-----11--9-----------| a|-11--9------0-----------12---------------------0--------12----| e|--0-----12------------------------------------------------------| e|--------------------------------------------------| b|-----------------------------------------------*4-| g|--------------------------------------------------| d|--------------------------9----------------------| a|-11--9--7-------9h10h11------9-------- 2----------| e|--0-----------------------------------------------| e|------------------------------------------------------------------| b|------------------------------------------------------------------| g|-----------------------------------------------9h10h11--9--------| d|----------------------9h10h11---9------------- 0------------12---| a|-9h10h11--9----------0---------------12-------------------------| e|-0--------------12-----------------------------------------------| e|--------------------10-----------------12-----0-| b|--------10h11h12-----------12-10-------------0-| g|---------0-------------------------12---------2-| d|----------------------------------------------2-| a|----------------------------------------------3-| e|----------------------------------------------3-|[/code]
    The war on Am7 and Cmaj7 begins here ...
  • ShawnShawn Boise, Idaho✭✭✭✭
    Awesome guys, and many many thanks to both of you. This lick has been driving me crazy for weeks. For some reason it just wasn't registering with me, so this helps tremendously. Now, if I could just get someone to transcribe/tab out the whole thing...LOL 8) .
  • galvanometrgalvanometr Czech Republic✭✭ Lebreton Modele 4
    It has been driving you crazy for a reason! It sounds magical, never heard such tones together.
    That whole video is amazing, such a gem. Thanks for pointing that out.
    And how that Hahl guitar suits his transcendic playing.
  • ShawnShawn Boise, Idaho✭✭✭✭
    Hey everyone, I've been working on this song trying to transcribe it and found a lovely version that Dario Napoli is playing on a Patrus video here:

Going off his fingerings, I've done a rough transcription up to about 1:07 of the video. I'm missing a really fast lick in toward the end which I've signified with a missing section on the transcription. I was wondering if anyone wouldn't mind taking a look and making any corrections you might see?

I'm uploading this in PDF and Powertab (if you would like to edit the file). Any help is much appreciated.
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Hey thanks for posting this Shawn. I'll try to get a look at it but I've got a lot on my plate right now so it may be a while!