DjangoBooks.com

Avalon Jazz band have a clarinet player...

AndyWAndyW Glasgow Scotland UK✭✭✭ Clarinets & Saxes- Selmer, Conn, Buescher, Leblanc et.al. // Guitars: Gerome, Caponnetto, Napoli, Musicalia, Bucolo, Sanchez et. al.
edited October 2013 in Woodwinds Posts: 600
One of my favourite vocal-led French-swing bands, New York's "The Avalon Jazz Band"
[they are all *SO* young and good-looking :shock: ]
have added a clarinet player - who's name i don't know but he SWINGS ;-)

Comments

• That's putting it mildly :mrgreen: .....another Evan Christopher in the making ??
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • AndyWAndyW Glasgow Scotland UK✭✭✭ Clarinets & Saxes- Selmer, Conn, Buescher, Leblanc et.al. // Guitars: Gerome, Caponnetto, Napoli, Musicalia, Bucolo, Sanchez et. al.
    Thanks for the info,Ted, he sounds mighty fine.

here's Adrian Cunningham on an old jazz standard some of you might know :-)

• AndyWAndyW Glasgow Scotland UK✭✭✭ Clarinets & Saxes- Selmer, Conn, Buescher, Leblanc et.al. // Guitars: Gerome, Caponnetto, Napoli, Musicalia, Bucolo, Sanchez et. al.
    Jazzaferri wrote:
    That's putting it mildly :mrgreen: .....another Evan Christopher in the making ??
    As an aside, Jazzaferri, when I listen to Adrian's solo, I'd say he has been studying or studying-with another top New York based clarinet & tenor guy, Ken Peplowski.
  • Interesting Andy....is it his phrasing that gives you that impression?

I am currently studying with Monik Nordine who is a wonderful soprano /alto/flute player. Her lines are quite uniquely her.
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed