DjangoBooks.com

Pictures of your instrument(s) if you please.

edited November 2013 in Welcome Posts: 9
I'm mostly into flattop acoustic guitars but I've been into Gypsy jazz since 1976 and I'm just getting around to appreciating the variations of the guitars used to get the tone and sound of the Gypsy jazz genre. I would love to see some pictures of the guitars owned by some of you that frequent this forum or pics of instruments that caught your eye, and perhaps a short bio (specs, etc.) to go along with the hardware. Thanks.

Comments

• MitchMitch Paris, Jazz manouche's capital city!✭✭✭✭ Di Mauro, Lebreton, Castelluccia, Patenotte, Gallato
    Lots of pictures here !
    Don't hesitate to scroll down and browse the older pages
    http://www.guitare-village.com/occasion/jazz/jazz.php
  • Il TrovatoreIl Trovatore San Jose, CANew

Here is kind of a picture of my guitar.
    Gitane Stephanie Wrembel model w/ upgraded silver schallers and a new tailpiece.
  • Charles MeadowsCharles Meadows WV✭✭✭ ALD Original, Dupont MD50
    Here's my ALD original, along with the Collings D1A varnish
  • jonpowljonpowl Hercules, CA✭✭✭ Dupont MD-100, Altamira M01F
    Here's my ALD original, along with the Collings D1A varnish
    Looks like some serious Telecaster collecting going on!
  • EmmettRayEmmettRay Honolulu, Hawaii✭✭✭✭ Koa Iseman, AJL XO-503, Holo Busato
    Oh cool, a chance to show off my new guitars! I have too many to count but these are the ones I've been gigging with lately.
    2013 AJL XO 503 Olli Soikkeli model (I won this at DFNW guitar raffle 2 weeks ago)
    2013 Iseman Koa Selmer (My friend Mark Iseman and I finished this a month ago, my main guitar now)
    1950? Maccaferri G30 (plastic guitar I got off ebay last month in original box, tags, mint condition)
    2013 Iseman Weissenborn Koa lap steel
    2011 Holo Busato
  • PassacagliaPassacaglia Madison, WI✭✭✭✭
    Emmett, you won the AJL!!!! I'm so happy for you...grrrrrrrrrrr.

No, sincerely, congrats, man. Beautiful instrument!
    -Paul

pas encore, j'erre toujours.
  • ShawnShawn Boise, Idaho✭✭✭✭
    Here are some pictures of my current crop, and I tried to capture a few angles of each one. There is my Gallato Modele Noire, my Franken-Selmer (the one that has lots of wear), a D-500 and my Archtop (which rarely gets played...lol). I also took a picture of the top arch on my Gallato since I've had a few people wondering how big it was. I replaced the original bridge on it with the tallest Dupont bridge if that gives you an idea. The Franken-Selmer is the only guitar I would never part with...it's been a labor of love and I've put in countless hours on it (new soundboard, removed the 5th brace, new neck and fingerboard, new tuners, new tailpiece , new bridge). I've been pretty hard on it over the years and it shows, but the guitar sounds absolutely fantastic.

• bjornoricobjornorico The NetherlandsNew Altamira M01
    Here is my guitar
  • delb0ydelb0y ✭✭
    A close-up pic of mine:

10409058655_3cfb048fc7_z.jpg

Kind regards
    Derek
  • wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica
    I used to have a lot to show off here but I've sold them all. Now I just have one guitar, it's 503 réplique by Jean Barault. It was very exy, but I've never played a guitar I thought was better instrument (yet!)

Mine's the one in my left hand. The other one (with the Niglo tailpiece) is Stochelo's 503 réplique.

jeqo.jpg