DjangoBooks.com

Selmer on EBAY

pickitjohnpickitjohn South Texas Corpus, San Antonio, AustinVirtuoso Patenotte 260
ANYONE IN TORONTO LOOKING FOR A SELMER

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181229488727?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649 :D

Looks Like a No Reserve Auction @ $.99 right now

[color=#BF00FF]According to the "the Story of Selmer Maccaferri Guitars by Francois CHARLET

The Last batch of 1946 ended with No 634.

So this should of been built in 1947 the last listed as No 695
[/color]
PICK ON

PICKITJOHN

Comments

• thickpickthickpick ✭✭✭
    Seems like it wouldn't be hard to verify its authenticity, since it was once discussed here, along with the name of its owner: viewtopic.php?t=927

The eBay listing says, "I bought this guitar approximately seven years ago in Corsica from a local luthier. A few top cracks have been expertly repaired by Geo Heinel & Company Limited (Canada's foremost violin experts and antiquarians)." The post above is from 8 years ago, so could the guitar have gotten from Jesse Barksdale to Corsica within the year?
  • pickitjohnpickitjohn South Texas Corpus, San Antonio, AustinVirtuoso Patenotte 260
    Hey Thickpick:

You have the Memory of an Elephant.

Pulling up a post from 8 years ago.

All I can say is WOW! :o

pick on

pickitjohn
  • thickpickthickpick ✭✭✭
    Actually, I just Googled "Selmer #678" and that post came up. So please pass all credit onto Google and not to my memory!
  • You may not get memory points but you do get the points for being smart :D
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • noodlenotnoodlenot ✭✭✭
    oh boy!
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Looks like t***p and k***k are in a bidding war. A bit early in the listing to start that....
  • DjuriDjuri New
    Bones wrote:
    Looks like t***p and k***k are in a bidding war. A bit early in the listing to start that....

2015 now, it will he a bloody bid war :))
  • Gas gas gas
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    Why would someone put a Selmer on eBay with no reserve?
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Hey Ben,

Yeah, that was the first thing that I thought. Makes you wonder.