DjangoBooks.com

"Struttin with some barbecue"

Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
If you've ever played in a dixieland band, chances are you've played this number. Written by Louis Armstong's first wife, Lil Hardin, it swings like the proverbial ten thousand, um, "Mother Tuckers"...

Louis played it and recorded it extensively, but check out this fun version on YouTube

[url=

Anyway, I'm here to tell all my GJ brothers that this number makes a wonderful vehicle; once you get started playing it you'll find it hard to stop.

While it may sound real peppy, the tempo is actually pretty moderate, and you'll find those chords will come floating over home plate so sweetly that you can hit the ball out of the park pretty much every time...

I'm enclosing a lead sheet and backing track, and I hope you have as much fun with this as I've been having... jamming on this thing is pretty much right up there with wine, women, and good food.

Will

PS BTW, re: the previous thread, "Fooling around with a Django shape"... during the final part where the chords go like this

Bb6/// Bbm6/// F6/// D7/// Gm7/// C7///

...try these crazy three note shapes for fun

Bb6 (actually Bb maj7)
------------------
------------------
-------------7----
--------7----------
----5--------------
------------------

Bbm6
------------------
------------------
-------------6----
---------5--------
----4-------------
------------------

F6 (actually Fmaj9)
-------------------
-------------------
-------------5-----
--------5----------
----3--------------
--------------------

D7
------------------
------------------
-----------5-------
-------4---------
----3-------------
------------------

Gm7
------------------
------------------
-----------3-------
-------3-----------
---1---------------
-------------------

C7
------------------
------------------
----------3--------
------2-----------
---1---------------
------------------

Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."