DjangoBooks.com

WTB your damaged/worn out guitar

tophtoph ✭✭
edited November 2013 in Classifieds Posts: 15
Hi all, I've been on the lookout for a GJ guitar for a while now but I don't have a lot of money to throw at it. I do, however, have access to a fantastic wood shop and some luthiery tools and I would love to bring an out-of-commission guitar back to life. So, do you or does someone you know have a gitane with worn out frets and a bowed neck? Great. An altamira with a snapped neck and a cracked soundboard? Even better.

Thanks for your time, and BTW this forum has been a priceless resource during my ongoing adventure in gypsy jazz. Thanks everyone.

Comments

• bobogypsybobogypsy phoenix✭✭✭
    I have a Gitane D255 that neck may be somewhat warped per my tech and then would need the frets leveled. I have it shimmed currently and it sounds good but the action is higher than I like.

I would sell for $200 plus shipping and paypal fees.
    Bob Tencer
  • tophtoph ✭✭
    I'm very interested, thanks for the reply! Can you send me some pics? Also, do you know what year it was made (just curious), and how is it cosmetically?

Thanks,
    Toph
    I'll send some pics later today. It's in very good shape cosmetically. Not sure what year it was made as I took it as a partial trade for another guitar I was selling. I could send the serial number if that would help id the year.
    Bob Tencer
    IMG_1835_zps17df93e4.jpg[/URLIMG_1832_zps4d2940de.jpg[/URLIMG_1834_zps1447b850.jpg[/URLIMG_1837_zps40e5aec4.jpg[/URLIMG_1833_zps373e2762.jpg[/URLIMG_1836_zps0aec7f5a.jpg

Pictures of the Gitane.
    Bob Tencer
  • tophtoph ✭✭
    Which direction is the neck warped? Is it twisted? From the pictures I can't tell. In any case I think I'll take it. I've never purchased anything over a forum before, though. How does it generally work? I send you money over paypal and hope for the best?
    My tech basically said that there was a hump in the upper frets and that the frets needed leveled. Other than that I'm not sure how to describe as I am not that knowledgeable about these repairs.

By twisted I think he said the neck is lower on one side over the other.

As far as paypal, basically you register an account with them that can withdraw money from your bank or a credit card.

Then there are 2 ways to pay:

1. you check for goods or service in which paypal charges the seller about 3% of the transaction. This gives you some protection to file complaints against the seller if a problem. If you look on djangobooks for guitars they charge the buyer these fees.

2. paypal gift where the seller is not charged any fees.

So if you choose the first option, I would charge you the additional 3 % that would be charged me.

If you are interested you should set up your paypal as it may take a few dues to be set up. Also if you give me your address I can give you a shipping cost estimate.

Thanks,
    Bob Tencer
    Also you may want to send me messages through the personal message option on the form. Just click my name and you'll see the option. Just will keep your personal info off of the post and be more private.
    Bob Tencer