DjangoBooks.com

SF Bay Area Guitar Shops?

Anyone know of any guitar shops that stock gypsy jazz guitars in the San Francisco Bay Area?

I'm looking for my first GJ guitar and i'd like to try some guitars to narrow down the choices before I buy.

Thanks.

Comments

• jonpowljonpowl Hercules, CA✭✭✭ Dupont MD-100, Altamira M01F
    South of SF, Gryphon Strings in Palo Alto occasionally has a gypsy guitar, with a Gitane DG-500 in stock right now. Tall Toad in Petaluma has an Aylward that should be a nice guitar, albeit pricey. In Santa Cruz where I live, Sylvan Music occasionally has a Gitane or Cigano. I bought mine at Guitar Showcase in San Jose, after a friend had seen it there on consignment. There have been a few on Craigslist in the Bay Area recently, as well. Good luck!
  • Il TrovatoreIl Trovatore San Jose, CANew
    Sylvan Music is Santa Cruz usually has a few, and Gryphon is great.
  • adrianadrian AmsterdamVirtuoso
    Hey, check out Schoenberg Guitars in Tiburon: http://www.om28.com/

I bought a Michael Dunn gypsy jazz guitar there several years ago, and they had a couple others at the time. Looks like they might have one or two at the moment, according to their site.

Adrian
  • fogbernfogbern New
    Thanks for the responses. Unfortunately Schoenberg did not have the Paris Swing guitar shown on their website or any GJ guitars, but I did find a Cigano GJ-10, GJ-15, and a Gitane D-500 at Haight Ashbury Music in SF. After playing those three guitars I decided to order a Paris Swing from Michael and I'm anxiously awaiting its arrival.