DjangoBooks.com

Titi Winterstein band and song ID

JonJon melbourne, australiaProdigy Dupont MD50B, '79 Favino
in Welcome Posts: 391
Can anyone tell me who a) who is playing with Titi Winterstein on this video, and b) what the names of the songs are? The only one I know is Fuli Tchai, the last one.

I love this music so much. Trying very hard to get the rhythm style down...difficult work!

Comments

• Ted...you are a font of wonderful info
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • JonJon melbourne, australiaProdigy Dupont MD50B, '79 Favino
    Thanks so much Ted. I'm in awe of Holzmano's right hand! The rhythm section is amazing. I just got the Musik Deutscher Zigeuner CDs, and am really loving this rhythm style. Very hard to do though!
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    that first one sounds hungarianish, and i ve heard recording of it but i m not sure from who... before django brought jazz to the sinti, they were mostly playing this kind of music (hungarian/russian, eastern european) since many of them emigrated from hungary . there is a family in holland that still keeps this tradition, look up tata mirando on youtube.. they play a lot of hungarian music, but in their own sinti way, the hungarian gypsies will be quick to say that it s not the real hungarian way, but it s really the sinti way.

also, a lot of these guys barely know the history and names of the tunes they play.. it s especially true for titi winterstein who would just give generic na,es to songs when recording... it s funny, because he recorded a few hungarian melodies and gave them the title ungertikko baschepen, which is romani for hungarian music. the funny part is that other gadjo bands who disocver this music through titi s recording give these songs the same title thinking it s the actual name. anyway that second song sounds very russian, and titi s recorded as tziganotchka or something like that... whether it s the real name i dont know

before dark eyes he plays anpther russian sounding song that s this one

• pickitjohnpickitjohn South Texas Corpus, San Antonio, AustinVirtuoso Patenotte 260
    Hey @Jon

where did you fine the Musik Deutscher Zigeuner CDs?

was it a set?

I have about 34 songs of the Häns’che Weiss Quintett. I made a trip from Austin TX to Corpus Christi TX today and play all 34 songs.

I 5five stared about half.

Seems Michael is "OUT OF STOCK"

any ideas or help

pick on

pickitjohn
  • JonJon melbourne, australiaProdigy Dupont MD50B, '79 Favino
    Thanks Dennis!

@pickitjohn I ordered the CDs from Amazon.de where I still had an account from years ago when I lived in Germany. They weren't packaged as a set, but were all individually available. Had quite a hard time tracking them down, but they were all there, and shipping wasn't too severe.
  • pickitjohnpickitjohn South Texas Corpus, San Antonio, AustinVirtuoso Patenotte 260
    Maybe Santa will bring them.

:)

pick on

pickitjohn