DjangoBooks.com

Any Word On RNTB1?

ElliotElliot Madison, WisconsinNew
edited February 2006 in Gypsy Jazz 101 Posts: 551
That's the Gypsy Jazz Songbook #1 - any word on availability? Thanks.

Comments

• MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    It's out of print an there's no plan to reprint.

This books has many of the same songs:

Pearl Django Play-Along Songbook

Pearl Django Play-Along Songbook

• Mac HackMac Hack San Diego, CANew
    I would also like to know what's going on with the Robin Nolan Trio series. While its always sunny and warm here in Southwest Florida, sometimes it feels like Florida is the Siberia of Gyspy Jazz. When the RNT series first came out there wasn't much available really with which to compare. And the 6 books were loaded with tunes and tracks for jamming (there are two different versions of book 2, btw). They were hard enough to find before www.djangobooks.com and www.**** came along.

Through my association with www.guitarseminars.com I was lucky enough to have a friend call me from ****'s sales booth at last year's Djangofest San Francisco to score me some goodies. At the time I was looking for Volume 2 of the RNT "Gypsy Jazz Licks" which is clearly advertized in the back of Volume 1. Since they didn't have it, I instead received a Roblin Nolan signed copy of "Robin Nolan Essential Gypsy Jazz Guitar Licks Volume 1." This new book mentions the addition of Simon Planting on Bass. Since previous bass player of the RNT, Paul Meader, was co-author of the original series I can only guess that the current "out of print" status has something to do with this.

The following is displayed after a few clicks through Robin Nolan's website at http://www.robinnolan.com/
    Hi and welcome to the online store for Robin Nolan.

The latest news is that we now hold stock all of our old back catalog CD's, except that is for "The Latin Affair", and we also now have the popular Gypsy Jazz Playalong series. This series is now available direct from this site. Once all of these books have been sold however, that will be the it, as we are not intending to reprint the books again at this time. So grab them while you still can.

The "Essential Gypsy Jazz Licks Vol 1" is proving to be very popular and we have started work on Volume 2.

http://www.hotclub.co.uk/%7Ernolan/catalog/index.php
    "On apprend tous les jours." - Stéphane Grappelli
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    herve gaguenetti of the ritary ensemble (a world class rhythm player) and vladimir torres (bassplayer) will be recording a new series of playbacks. be on the lookout for these!

check out their music here

http://ritaryensemble.free.fr