DjangoBooks.com

You're Still Here!

delb0ydelb0y ✭✭
in Welcome Posts: 54
Just discovered the forum is still working... I normally use IE 10 and the Forum page has been blank for months. Lo and behold, I inadvertently started up Chrome today and here you all are... loads of posts to catch up on! :-)

Kind regards
Derek

Comments

• MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    @delb0y yes, we're still here. You may need to flush your cache on IE or update. i checked the forum on IE8 and IE11 and it works perfectly so I'm not sure why you would have had that issue other than some old java script in your cache.
  • delb0ydelb0y ✭✭
    Thanks Michael. Looks like what's happening is that the posts are appearing at the bottom of the page beneath all the right hand menus, so at a quick cursory look all I see is white space. Even when I scroll down that white space goes on and on (and on) ...hence I thought the forum wasn't working. Even when I click on a link in one of the right hand menus the results appear way down the page (hence my assumption). Now I know this is happening I'll just scroll down...
    @delb0y is this happening in Chrome or just IE10?
  • delb0ydelb0y ✭✭
    Just IE10. In Chrome the discussions are appearing to the left of the right hand menus - hence I saw them immediately.

In IE 10 I have to scroll down past New Discussions...Categories...Top 5 Hot Discussions...Latest Posts... In This Discussion...Related Discussions...and Who's Online... and only then do I see the actual messages.
    @delb0y please update to IE11 and let me know if you have the same issue. I can't replicate it with IE8 or IE11
  • BluesBop HarryBluesBop Harry Mexico city, MexicoVirtuoso
    Not exactly the same, but I thought I'd hijack this thread (sorry) to let Michael H know that sometimes the forum refuses to open on Safari for me. I get "Safari can't find the server"... Then I'll try a little while later and it works again... No problems on Chrome
    Not exactly the same, but I thought I'd hijack this thread (sorry) to let Michael H know that sometimes the forum refuses to open on Safari for me. I get "Safari can't find the server"... Then I'll try a little while later and it works again... No problems on Chrome

I use Safari and haven't experienced that problem...not sure why it would do that. Are you sure you're using the latest version?

• delb0ydelb0y ✭✭
    Just to let you know I've been trying to download Windows 8.1 which, I believe, will include an upgrade to IE. But thus far I've not managed to get it to complete... I reckon learning to play like Django is easier than understanding computers!
    MichaelHorowitz
  • BluesBop HarryBluesBop Harry Mexico city, MexicoVirtuoso
    yep 7.0.3... It only happens sometimes though and only on Safari