DjangoBooks.com

Insensiblement on a 2014 Killy Nonis Favino model

Stu BlagStu Blag
edited June 2014 in Welcome Posts: 11

Had great fun playing Greek/British luthier Killy Nonis' new 'Favino' model a couple of days ago.Its not finished(in both senses) but i am already loving it.
I've always loved 'Insensiblement' in both Django versions and my brother is crazy about Luciene Delyle's vocal version--- and this solo version is taking into account Luciene's vocal phrasing as well as Django's wonderful playing.
I've been listening to Johnny Smith's solo jazz guitar masterpiece 'The Man With The Blue Guitar' non stop these last couple of weeks and i love the way Johnny had a way of making two melodic lines move in contrary motion--actually Django did it (as usual) before anyone else as early as 1935 on Moonglow.Anyway i've worked some of that into this new arrangement.Thanks for listening.

Stu Blag
MichaelHorowitzBucopickitjohn

Comments

• klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    Nice!
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
    It's a masterpiece, both the instrument and the performance.
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Oh my, so nice. Thanks!
  • MatteoMatteo Sweden✭✭✭✭ JWC Modele Jazz, Lottonen "Selmer-Maccaferri"
    Lovely tune and fantastic playing! Is the fretboard a bit wider than usual, or is it the fretmarks that make it look so?
  • bopsterbopster St. Louis, MOProdigy Wide Sky PL-1, 1940? French mystery guitar, ‘37 L-4
    Very nice. You have a great touch.
  • Stu BlagStu Blag
    edited June 2014 Posts: 11
    Thanks guys and sorry for the delay in replying--i forgot i'd posted it here!!! Anyway glad you liked it.New video tonight of me on the Antoine Di Mauro again.Cheers Stu