DjangoBooks.com

EBAY BEAUTIFUL RARE VINTAGE BUSATO GYSPY JAZZ MANOUCHE GUITAR! Buy it Now $4700.00????

Comments

• Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
    Ain't sayin' a word...
    I've never been a guitar player, but I've played one on stage.
  • richter4208richter4208 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2014 Posts: 521
    Anyway,

Here's the guitar posted on gypsyfans last sold 2012 it says....looks legit, nice looking guitar
    http://www.gypsyguitarfans.com/12-frets-oblong-aumier.html
  • pickitjohnpickitjohn South Texas Corpus, San Antonio, AustinVirtuoso Patenotte 260
    Here is the link...

http://www.gypsyguitarfans.com/12-frets-oblong-aumier.html

Not real sure what @Michael Bauer is not saying :hmmm:

@richter5308 see you went back to ad the link

Thanks the net sure is something, I do like the oblong hole and Price..

Wish I was more aware of these old guitars

pick on

pickitjohn :peace:
  • richter4208richter4208 ✭✭✭
    My guess is he's probably owned it it or guess it may have added fake label? Otherwise I'm sure he'd state he's opinion. I do see Michael owned a 1930's busato in the past, but who knows unless he wants to tell
  • fraterfrater Prodigy
    Let's call it the Strange Beast :-)
  • pickitjohnpickitjohn South Texas Corpus, San Antonio, AustinVirtuoso Patenotte 260
    @Michael Bauer
    Ain't sayin' a word...

@frater
    Let's call it the Strange Beast

So far I got

THE WORDLESS STRANGE BEAST

More to the Story, or am I digging up BONES?
    Perhaps I should be looking at @klaatu 77 Favino? ;)

pick on

• klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    All I will say on the subject is that there are a lot of fake Busatos floating around. It seems to be quite the cottage industry in Europe. Not casting aspersions on this particular one, mind you, I'm just sayin'.
    pickitjohn
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • scotscot Virtuoso
    A person who once owned this guitar told a very good friend of mine that he could take approximately 1400 euros off the price of another "Busato" he was offering to sell him if he changed the tailpiece and removed the metal "etiquette" - presumably so he could add the lozenge and tailpiece (and the $2000, of course) to another "Busato". In 40 years of buying and selling guitars I never heard of such a thing. A person would have to be nuts to buy a guitar like that. I think that Benny is exactly right. Caveat emptor.

pickitjohn
    Thanks all, just wanted to get some more knowable input.

pick on

• klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    I would be extremely cautious about buying a "Busato" from anyone but a reputable dealer. There are some very shady characters out there selling Gypsy Mysteries as big name guitars.
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles