DjangoBooks.com

tailpiece insert buzzing

manushemanushe South Louisiana✭✭✭ Lulo's Gitane
Has anyone experienced a buzzing sound come from the wooden insert on the tailpiece? My guitar is buzzing and when I strike the strings and put my finger on the tailpiece it stops. So I assume that is what is causing it. Anyone have suggestions as to how to make it stop?

Comments

• Not me. Odd as they are usually glued rather than mechanically fastened. Are you sure its the wood? Maybe try duct taping it tight to the tailpiece to make sure that is the problem
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • Al WatskyAl Watsky New JerseyVirtuoso
    They often rattle.
    The way most people affix them is by gluing.
    These days thats usually done with crazy glue. You would want to remove the tailpiece from the guitar and glue the insert from the under side , using normal common sense to avoid getting glue allover you or the exterior of the tailpiece.
    The insert should slip around in the slot, so you can slip it out of position get some glue in there and push the insert back into position.
    Wait for the glue to dry. Reinstall.
    If you find thats not what was buzzing , at least you narrowed the scope of your search.
    The best plan is to bring the instrument to a qualified local professional and have them do the adjustments for you.
    You have to choose between tinkering and playing , I would choose playing if I were you. :peace: