DjangoBooks.com

What is the best Tablature creation software ?

anthon_74anthon_74 Marin county, CA✭✭✭✭ Alta Mira M 01
Hello there,

I need a really good Tab software. Anybody know what the easiest to use and most reasonably priced software ?

anthony

Comments

• ShemiShemi Cardiff✭✭✭
    Hi, I'm new here (first post). I use Guitar Pro and get on well with it. I think the full version is around £40.
  • Do you want notation plus tab or just tab?
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • anthon_74anthon_74 Marin county, CA✭✭✭✭ Alta Mira M 01
    I would like the option for either and both.
  • I use Sibelius,?........It's primarily a notation software but it has great tab and chord diagram abilities
  • The other thing that Can be done in Sibelius is to get a midi pickup and you can input notes/chords directly from your guitar either step wise or real time.
  • SpaloSpalo England✭✭✭✭ Manouche Guitars "Modele Jazz Moreno" No.116, 1980's Saga Blueridge "Macaferri 500", Maton 1960's Semi, Fender Telecaster, Aria FA65 Archtop
    Two guitar / stringed instrument based Tab Programs:

Tux Guitar - free for download online - I've have and like it.

Tabledit - I've downloaded the free trial version. It's a lot more comprehensive than Tux. I'll almost certainly buy it soon.

All the best,

Sp
  • Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
    Our own Adrian Holovaty is the creative force behind Soundslice. If I had to put my money behind anyone making "the best" of anything, it would be on Adrian. I haven't worked with it as much as some others, but I know Wim used it to do an amazing transcription of "Mumbo Jumbo" by Les Doigts. It looks pretty great to me.
    pickitjohnadrianwim
    I've never been a guitar player, but I've played one on stage.
  • pickitjohnpickitjohn South Texas Corpus, San Antonio, AustinVirtuoso Patenotte 260
    2nd on soundslice.

I think of all I've seen it is the most well laid out and Best at showing notes and chords. I've never tried to use it other then get to see works transcribed by other and it's great. I'm sure there's a learning curve to any of them. I would prefer this model.

Thanks Adrian Thanks Wim
    http://www.soundslice.com/tabs/3036/les-doigts-de-lhomme-mumbo-jumbo-tab/

:peace:
  • ShemiShemi Cardiff✭✭✭
    I've just been checking out soundslice and it's a great idea. Anyone know if the software will be available as a stand alone version? Would be great teaching aid!
  • anthon_74anthon_74 Marin county, CA✭✭✭✭ Alta Mira M 01
    Sybellius is too pricey. I need a program that creates pages I can print, and I'm not aware of soundslice being able to do that, but perhaps I should check again.
    I may try Tux guitar or guitar pro.

anthony