DjangoBooks.com

Updated Gypsy Jazz Rhythm Lesson

dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
in Welcome Posts: 2,161
Hi folks, sorry for spamming, but it's been 2 years in the making but this past few days i filmed 4 new soon to be released lessons (hopefully by xmas 2014).

Here's an excerpt of one of the lessons , on GJ rhythm:

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10203905083961810

We did , 2 massive videos on Gypsy Jazz Rhythm, Volume 1 focuses on technical/tone issues in GJ rhythm, everything i learned over the years from backing up some of the best players, and also from working with rhythm players such as herve gaguenetti, hono winterstein, nous'che rosenberg, joschi graf, etc.. etc... It addresses a lot of the issues people are often confused about, and hopefully it answers all those questions

Volume 2 focuses on musicality and interaction. We work on all sorts of subtleties that can happen when playing rhythm, dynamics, various textures. We work on playing with bass players and getting the bass sound to complement the rhythm guitar sound. There are examples of accompaniment with a full band. We cover timing, playing laid back, pushing the beat, etc. Learning how to properly count in songs, etc.

I did a general lesson on improvisation for any style of music, where i talk about phrasing, voice leading, harmony and ear training, I am extremely proud of this one!

And finally we did a lesson on nothing but GJ technique. Not just the picking, but some of the elusive ornaments that most people miss, and that give it that "gypsy" feel. No stone is left unturned, every exercise is derived from idiomatic gypsy jazz phrases, and it comes with a collection of licks as well... and a nice waltz by wasso grunholz

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10203895854851088

looking forward to sharing this with everyone. I've been planning to make these for a few years now, but finally have time to do it... for those who contributed to the Tcha project, expect a nice suprise as i promised you last year!!! thanks!
BucoNonepickitjohnmwaddell000ScoredoglacrossehotclubAmundLauritzenArcticguitar

Comments