DjangoBooks.com

March 19 Jam

JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
edited February 2006 in North America Posts: 1,752
Hi all,

My buddy Andrew is putting on a big jam Sunday March 19th in Northampton, Mass for the Northampton Community Music School, where he teaches. It's got a few sections, but my friend Chris and I will be helping out with the Swing session on violin and guitar, respectively (although Chris also plays guitar, sax, clarinet, trumpet, piano, etc., so you never know...). The Gypsy Wranglers are more of a standard swing band who do some Django tunes; they've got some good musicians, and I'm particularly looking forward to Craig showing up with his accordion. Anyway, here's the quick overview from Andrew's site: http://www.acousticguitarnetwork.org

On Sunday, March 19 th the Northampton Community Music Center's Community Guitar program will welcome area musicians to its spring Jam-In. The event will focus on three musical styles - Flatpicking, Blues and Swing - and offer opportunities to both would-be jammers and those who are ready to dive in:

3 to 4 pm

Andrew Lawrence will offer an overview of NCMC's Community Guitar program and be joined by the Jam-In's guest facilitators to present a survey of each of the featured styles. Andrew will then meet with interested individuals to assess their levels and needs. If you would like to be assured of a time slot between 4 and 6, please contact NCMC to schedule one.

4 to 6 pm

Players of all instruments are invited to join in the following jams facilitated by some of the finest musicians in the Vally:

* Flatpicking jam hosted by Marc Fromm (New Goshen Ramblers) and Levin Schwartz (Amity Front)
* Blues jam hosted by Valley veteran Joe Belmont.
* Swing jam hosted by The Gypsy Wranglers along with Jack Brown and Chris Devine (of The Hot Club of Paradise)

The event is free and open to the public. For more information, contact event organizer Andrew Lawrence at 413-268-0068 or the Community Music Center at ncmc.net / 585-0001.

Hope to see some you there!

Best,
Jack.