DjangoBooks.com

Hungaria - what does Django play in theese 5 seconds?

T1mothyT1mothy ✭✭ Furch petite bouche
As the title suggests Im unsure what Django plays over the descending G / B, Bbo, Amin, D7 starting at around 0:37. The version Im learning to play is this one http://picosong.com/fefv (short link to the mp3 file). Had to upload it myself, because I couldnt find it anywhere on youtube. What I came up or thought it could possibly be is this -
The audio quality makes it fairly hard to learn by ear + Im quite a beginner, hehe

Comments

• BonesBones Moderator
    edited October 2014 Posts: 3,319
  • BonesBones Moderator
    edited October 2014 Posts: 3,319
    Yes, that is a poor fidelity recording which makes it a bit challenging to transcribe (also had to tune way down). I think the note at 0:04 in your vid Django plays F# instead of G? Other than that I think you have the pitches right. Not sure how he would have chosen to finger that with his 2 digits though.

Post a tab if you have one. There are several versions of Hungaria that he did plus Bireli's version that I would like to work thru one of these years!
  • T1mothyT1mothy ✭✭ Furch petite bouche
    Thank you for your response :-)
    I sadly dont have tabs for it. Could you recommend me some program that I could create the tabs for it in? It might take a while because Im not finished with learning the song yet. Bireli s version is killer, hehe
    soundslice.com
    Can't do much better for creating tabs in any paid software, and soundslice is feee web based software.
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
    Your guitar sounds nice, what's the make?
  • BonesBones Moderator
    I like to write down my transcriptions in case I don't play them for a long time and forget what I did. I just made blank tab using Excel, print out a bunch of them, and I hand write them in pencil then scan them into the computer. Not elegant but I don't have any software, though I know it is readily available. PM me if you want me to send you a pdf of the blank tab. I'll write out what I have on this one and Bireli's at some point and post it.

I've done a bit of transcribing using Soundslice and the loop function is awesome for figuring out those difficult sections. Would have been perfect for this one but as T1m said, there isn't a Youtube of this one yet (and I don't know how to post on Youtube). I think SS only works off of Youtube vids? Plus, I'm waiting for Soundslice to add the functionality of saving tabs to pdf since I like to have my own library of my transcriptions.
  • pickitjohnpickitjohn South Texas Corpus, San Antonio, AustinVirtuoso Patenotte 260
    Here is a youtube of Fapy...

Fapy Lafertin and Le jazz, from the sessions in 1996 of the recording of 'Hungaria' .

hope this helps

pick on

pickitjohn :peace:
  • T1mothyT1mothy ✭✭ Furch petite bouche
    Buco, thanks for the compliment. She surely does sound nice but I just raised my action and changed the strings after a month and now it sounds amazing! So I was like (when reading your comment) - NO NO NO! THIS IS THE REAL STUFF, YOU GOTTA HEAR IT!

To asnwer your question, it is a Furch (Stonebridge in US / UK I believe)

I might re record Djangos solo over all of me from 1940. Heres the first video - Excuse my poor right hand technique, I ve only been focusing purely on this music for last 3 months or so.

Tim
    lostjohn
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Nice work, keep it up!
    Oh yes, a friend has Stonebridge flat top and it sounds super nice too.
    Good work man, you're doing well.