DjangoBooks.com

Bass TAB???

Josh HeggJosh Hegg Tacoma, WAModerator
edited April 2006 in Bass Posts: 622
I have a friend that is really getting into GJ and just got an upright. We jam as much as we can but he would really do good with some ideas from other GJ bass players. But he does not read music. Are there TABs to GJ tunes for bass that I might find and pass onto him?

Cheers,
Josh

Comments

• AndoAndo South Bend, INModerator Gallato RS-39 Modèle Noir
    Josh,

I'm really tempted to say "just tell him to learn to read bass clef music." It's such an elegant and concise system, and it's not at all difficult to learn. Bass line rhythms are often simple, whether rocking roots-fifths in half notes or walking a line in quarters. Learning to read them is a fun and do-able project.

I don't play upright, but from messing around with one a little bit I'd say that playing in tune with good tone is a bigger challenge. Bowing is a whole 'nother issue. My hat is off to upright players who do these things well!

Ando
  • JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    Josh Hegg wrote:
    I have a friend that is really getting into GJ and just got an upright. We jam as much as we can but he would really do good with some ideas from other GJ bass players. But he does not read music. Are there TABs to GJ tunes for bass that I might find and pass onto him?

Is there such a thing for fretless instruments? I can't figure out how it would work...

Best,
    Jack.
  • Josh HeggJosh Hegg Tacoma, WAModerator
    I don't know... I play guitar! : )

That is why I'm asking. My friend is doing great by listening and repeating so I think he is doing well. I just wanted to help him out with some good bass style licks or runs or what ever to get him thinking in the right direction. However he is really picking it up fast and kicking some ass... He likes to take solos too!

Thanks,
    Josh