DjangoBooks.com

Nuages intro and alternate melody

in Welcome Posts: 1
I was wondering if there was any PDF music for the intro to nuages and the alternate melody the group likes to play at the end of the song?

Comments

• pickitjohnpickitjohn South Texas Corpus, San Antonio, AustinVirtuoso Patenotte 260
    Here is Django's last recorded Version of NUAGES

Might be a excellent place to pick up from.

pick on

pickitjohn :peace:
  • delb0ydelb0y ✭✭
    There's a transcription of Nuages by John Wheatcroft in this month's Guitar Techniques magazine. I must confess I haven't looked at it in detail yet but John's work for GT never disappoints and I'm sure it's going to be stellar. It definitely starts with the clarinet intro, if that's part of what you're looking for.

http://www.myfavouritemagazines.co.uk/music/guitar-techniques-magazine-subscription/#print

Cheers
    Derek
  • MatteoMatteo Sweden✭✭✭✭ JWC Modele Jazz, Lottonen "Selmer-Maccaferri"
    I always think of Nuages as a three part tune, I think Django probably did too. The discordant opening, giving way to a lilting chromatc theme...

I agree! Unfortunately, I've found it hard to convince others to play the intro. I thought I was the only one who liked it. However, as far as I remember now, Django himself omitted the intro in later recordings.