DjangoBooks.com

More solo videos - "Anouman" and "You and the Night and the Music"

JonJon melbourne, australiaProdigy Dupont MD50B, '79 Favino
in Welcome Posts: 391
Hey guys,

A couple more videos if you're interested. I went for a short holiday by the beach this week, so in the background you can see the Australian coast near Apollo Bay, 3hrs outside of Melbourne.

Hope you enjoy them!

You and the Night and the Music

Anouman
MikkoKarhulaBuco

Comments

• Rob MacKillopRob MacKillop Edinburgh, Scotland✭✭✭✭
    It says these videos are Private...
  • JonJon melbourne, australiaProdigy Dupont MD50B, '79 Favino
    Sorry - will fix it when I get home.
    Ok guys, the videos are fixed now - sorry about that, and @Rob MacKillop , thanks for alerting me. I hope you enjoy them!!!
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Wow, nicely done Jon, thanks.

Nice venue as well. Is that in Australia? Looks like some nice surfing in the background.
    Very good, Jon. Love your internal rhythm that just keeps going through both pieces. Inspiring. Thanks for uploading them. Is this your 79 Favino?
    Thanks guys! @Bones yes, it's the "surf coast" west of Melbourne, just outside Apollo Bay. Nice part of the world when it's not raining and windy :)

@Rob MacKillop thanks very much - it is the Favino, yeah - with some very crusty strings on. I think sometimes when it's like this, and the strings feel really disgusting to play, it can actually sound really great - sort of hollow and dead like an oud or something. This is kind of the closest I've gotten with my home setup to the sound I want out of this guitar, which is funny, as it's a very quick stereo setup (2 SM81s in XY) on a very windy, pretty rubbish day, outdoors - not ideal by any stretch of the imagination!
    Well, it sounds great.
    Jon
  • VeedonFleeceVeedonFleece London✭✭ Altamira M01D
    Really nice playing, Jon! And a great sound!
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Wow, Apollo Bay is about as far south as you can get without being on King Island or Tasmania. Yes, I imagine you guys get some weather/surf there but I bet it is an amazing place to live.

Well, I've always wanted to work on a solo version of Anouman and hopefully your vid will inspire me to finally do it. I hope you don't mind if I steal some of your ideas! :-)
    Not at all @Bones - none of them are my ideas, so steal away. I stole every last one from Tchavolo! Glad you liked it :)