DjangoBooks.com

Marvin Gaye Gypsy Jazz Duet

kungfumonk007kungfumonk007 ✭✭✭✭
in Welcome Posts: 421
I found these isolated Marvin Gaye tracks last night - being a big Marvin fan I couldn't miss my opportunity to jam with him!

Comments

• sadowsadow ✭✭ Altamira M30 Antique
    That's pretty sweet. Marvin could sure swing. Nice work.
  • bopsterbopster St. Louis, MOProdigy Wide Sky PL-1, 1940? French mystery guitar, ‘37 L-4
    Great reharmonization and arrangement Aaron! Makes me feel like I'm a loafer using the traditions changes most of the time.

Your work is very distiguishable from the others in the pack.
  • kungfumonk007kungfumonk007 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks man! Listening to Marvin sing makes me pine for the days before auto-tune. I am so sick of hearing auto-tune on every singer on the radio. Such a genius - he knew how to make the natural variations of a voices pitch sound so perfect and musical. He stands out to me amongst that genre as being so musical.
  • BonesBones Moderator
    edited January 2015 Posts: 3,319
    Wow, too much fun Kung, thanks! What chord progression/reharmonization are you using?
  • kungfumonk007kungfumonk007 ✭✭✭✭
    I am staying fairly close to the original, adding a few inversions and relative Major/Minors, that is all. So - Ebm, Cb, Bb, Ab (with inversions) on the verse. Original chords on the transition, and on the chorus Ebm, Fdim, Cb, Ab, Bb7. I tried to get fancier but really some simple inversions and relative major minors were all it needed and all that could work.
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Sounds great. Thanks!
  • tomcunntomcunn ✭✭✭
    brilliant; the passions of my youth and my age merge