DjangoBooks.com

Saw John Jorgenson Quintet last night - fantastic show!

jwpfeiferjwpfeifer Phoenix, Arizona✭✭ Dupont Nomade
I saw a great concert here in Scottsdale, Arizona last night with the John Jorgenson Quintet. Fantastic group and excellent Gypsy Jazz playing through the whole evening. If you haven't seen this band perform before you're in for a treat if they come through your area. John plays guitar and clarinet equally well. Just when you get blown away by his guitar playing, he switches to clarinet and wails on that as well.

The highlight of the evening was on the last tune where they played Nuages completely unplugged, (turning off all the microphones). He plays Django style extremely well although his compositions vary from the traditional sound and go into other styles that are more classically influenced and Eastern European.

All in all it was very inspiring to see such a great band play. I even got to meet John after the show and get a signed CD.
-Jim
Buco

Comments

• Bob HoloBob Holo Moderator
    True True - he's a neat person, wonderful musician, and consummate gear-head. He plays more instruments and more styles than a person would imagine, and has studio credits that run the gamut. He is a musician's musician for sure.
    You get one chance to enjoy this day, but if you're doing it right, that's enough.
  • rimmrimm Ireland✭✭✭✭ Paul doyle D hole, washburn washington
    He's brilliant. here's me and himself at the Monaghan blues festival a few years ago, top man.
    Buco
    I got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell