DjangoBooks.com

Intro to Gypsy Swing Improvisation Book

nicksansonenicksansone Amsterdam, The Netherlands✭✭✭✭
in Welcome Posts: 274
I've made a book about the general building blocks and forms on which the improvisation in this style is based. It's available here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/623549967689865/994570060587852/?notif_t=like

I haven't attempted to cover any of the subjects that Michael has done so well in his books, and I have given links to all the Djangobooks material and Denis Chang's available teaching supplies as well; as the book is about shapes and patterns etc and less about idomatic licks ( which Denis covers so well in his Techinque and Improv series) or picking ( which Michael obviously covered all the bases on with Gypsy Picking). However, there is alot of very helpful information for those interested in starting to improvise and want to develop an authentic sound in this style. There are also a lot of great pictures from my travels of the great guitarists who have mastered this music. Thanks for looking. Nick
MichaelHorowitzfabulousBuco

Comments

• Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
    edited February 2015 Posts: 1,855
    Sounds very interesting, Nick.

Any chance you could get our esteemed host, Mr. Michael Horowitz, to keep a few copies in stock here in North America so we don't have to order it in all the way from Holland?
    Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."
  • Rob MacKillopRob MacKillop Edinburgh, Scotland✭✭✭✭
    Is it necessary to join your Facebook group in order to purchase it?
  • nicksansonenicksansone Amsterdam, The Netherlands✭✭✭✭
    @ Lango-Django, I'll message Michael and see.
    @ Rob, no need, just message me via Djangobooks forum.
    @ Lango-Django, I'll message Michael and see.
    @ Rob, no need, just message me via Djangobooks forum.
    for stuart. Anyone interested in more information or ordering email me at [email protected] or via the Djangobooks messaging system. Thanks
  • Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
    PM sent...
    Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    @nicksansone sure, I'd be happy to make you book available here.
  • TexasRedTexasRed South Texas, San Antonio✭✭ Dupont Nomade
    ill definitely be buying, it looks like alot of good info
  • Rob MacKillopRob MacKillop Edinburgh, Scotland✭✭✭✭
    Ordered!