DjangoBooks.com

Welcome to our Community!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who's Online (0)

Related Discussions

Today's Birthday

MusicForMyLife77

Vignola DVD likeable and laughable

JAMFJAMF ChicagoNew
edited September 2005 in CD, DVD, and Concert Reviews Posts: 32
You've got to like the playing and guest appearances by Jimmy Rosenberg. No doubt in my mind, the playing is great.

But I had to laugh at the "cinematography." Some of it is shot in a backstage room. Some of it is shot in a hotel room. At one point, you see the "cameraman" looming in a mirror with a camcorder. At another point, Frank leaves the curtains open, and you get distracted by what the people across the street are doing. The climax is when the phone rings mid-jam.

Frank to Jimmy: "You gonna get that?" Jimmy to Frank: "You pick it up. It's your room." :P [dialogue added].

My friend brought it down a week ago. At first he said he was disappointed. But the playing is so good, and it's so good to see Jimmy et al, that he's glad he's got it. I know I'll end up getting it, too.

Anyone else have the same take?

Comments