DjangoBooks.com

Colorado Gypsy Jazz fest has KAILIN YONG!!!!

kungfumonk007kungfumonk007 ✭✭✭✭
in Welcome Posts: 421
So Kailin has not done a lot of gypsy jazz, so I understand he does not carry the name around here as someone like Tim or Jason, but he is in my opinion the best fiddle player out there. He is so incredibly soulful! Watching him play is a true experience, even if it is a song he has never heard or played before, he takes a deep breath, a step forward, and music just emanates from his soul. Note by note, he does not play changes, or arpeggios, or scales, or licks, he simply lets his soul speak - that is the only way to describe his playing, a completely fluid and seamless expression of his person. So thrilled that he will be part of it, and I hope to turn as many people as I can tuned on to his playing.
pickitjohnBuco

Comments

That's good stuff. I've been wondering about Kailin just recently, happy to hear news about him.
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • kungfumonk007kungfumonk007 ✭✭✭✭
    I am going to try to get some good video of it. He travelled and wandered the world most of his life but I think he has decided to settle back in his home country of Singapore, but who knows.
    Make him stick with you, air is good around Denver.

Good luck to him, he's a wonderful musician indeed.
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel