DjangoBooks.com

For Sephora help

DeziDezi New
edited August 2006 in Licks and Patterns Posts: 15
I am trying to play this songs exact copy but I have problem with this peace .I can't get the original speed like stochelo but the rest of the song no problem. So can anybody tall me how to play this part so fast. Please no music theory because I know nothing about music theory .Tab can help
The part is from For Sephora - 1993 - Live at The North Sea Jazz Festival
The Rosenberg trio. Sorry about my english

Comments

• langleydjangolangleydjango Langley, WA USA✭✭✭✭
    Practice.

No Joke.

Practice.

Write again in 5 years and let us know how it's going. (THIS is a joke!)
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    too long to write in tab, it's a descending G major scale in groups of fours... it's challenging indeed, but beyong that, just practice
  • asd123321asd123321 ✭✭✭✭
    The Powertab is here:
    http://www.hotclub.co.uk/

A way to build up speed is to keep playing 4 notes as fast as you can.
    An example of this sequence I saw printed had them sliding the first finger to the next fret down in a couple of instances. I changed 4 notes:

B 7 5 then G 7 5

Dave
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    wow, that's an adaptation of a transcription i made years ago... i think he made the tab from my miidi export... i lost my original transcription... for the most part the notes seem right, but there are a lot of mistakes int he fingerings that would give even stochelo a hard time!
  • DeziDezi New
    Thanks everyone, but I am not give up. 5 years it’s to long. If am not be able to play this peace in next few mounts I am gone throw my cheep guitar from window and newer play again. I check the For Sephore tab but it’s does not help me. I am playing better with position that I find by my self. I will post a recording sun I hope.
  • vincevince Davis & San Francisco, CANew
    The rhythm on this piece is great - it's pretty much the only thing my ears grab at that speed...

V
    I don't know whether I'll ever be an excellent player if I keep practicing, but I'm absolutely sure I won't be if I stop.