DjangoBooks.com

Colorado Gypsy Jazz Fest

kungfumonk007kungfumonk007 ✭✭✭✭
in Welcome Posts: 421
https://www.facebook.com/GypsyJazzFestivalColorado

If you are any where near the area definitely get some tickets and come. Beautiful theater, festival style tickets (1 ticket for the whole day).

June 12 and 13. Workshops, jams, and lots of concerts. Feature artists are Joscho Stephan, Rhythm Future Quartet, Kailin Yong, Swing Je T'aime, and Harmonious Wail (to get some of the bluegrass crossovers in the door too!).

http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/1024730

Comments

• pickitjohnpickitjohn South Texas Corpus, San Antonio, AustinVirtuoso Patenotte 260
    Is there any info on the Workshops?
  • pickitjohnpickitjohn South Texas Corpus, San Antonio, AustinVirtuoso Patenotte 260
    found my own answer

http://www.coloradogypsyjazz.com/Schedule.html

The Holiday Event Center
    2644 W. 32nd Ave
    Denver, Colorado
    -​
    Friday, June 12, 2015

Workshop with Jason Anick - Gypsy Jazz Violin

Workshop with Olli Soikkeli - Gypsy Jazz Guitar

CONCERTS
    5:00p - Aaron Walker Trio
    6:30p - Harmonious Wail
    8:00p - Rhythm Future Quartet

Community jam sessions prior to all concerts!

-

Saturday, June 13, 2015

Workshop with Aaron Walker - Guitar Fretboard Knowledge

Workshop with Sims Wail​ - Gypsy Jazz Mandolin

CONCERTS​
    5:00p - Harmonious Wail
    6:30p - Swing Je T'aime with Kailin Yong
    8:00p - Joscho Stephan
  • kungfumonk007kungfumonk007 ✭✭✭✭
    I haven't got the tickets for workshops up yet, but I will get there soon.
  • nomadgtrnomadgtr Colorado Bumgarner, Marin, Holo, Barault
    I'm somewhat of a noob to GJ but looking forward to this. I live down in Monument, an easy drive to Denver. Not much of GJ scene down here with the exception of Mango Fan Django. Nice bunch of guys.
  • tmaccaferriantmaccaferrian ✭✭
    nomadgtr - There is a good GJ scene in Colorado Springs. I sent you a PM if you are interested in learning more.
    I'm a full-on noob (been playing for a year) and have been planning to go 'cause this is cheap flight distance for me and chance to see Joscho Stephan (plus, get out of town for a couple days ... but I digress).

But I've never been to one of these things (let alone this one), and it's obviously not, you know, DIJ. So, should I bring my guitar? For the workshops, if nothing else? Are they those kind of workshops?
    Yes - bring your guitar if you can! The venue is large enough with a separated room that I think we should be able to have some djams.
    I should mention that there will not be a Joscho workshop - he will be in and out and will not have the time. Olli and Jason will be doing workshops on Friday, I will be doing a fretboard knowledge and theory workshop on Saturday. Sims will be doing a gypsy jazz mandolin workshop as well.
  • bluedreambluedream
    i was also wondering about bringing a guitar,
    will there be a place to jam? Besides mango, what other gj groups or players are in the colorado springs area?
  • nomadgtrnomadgtr Colorado Bumgarner, Marin, Holo, Barault
    Hey bluedream, as I've recently discovered there are quite a few folks into GJ in Colorado Springs. While Mango Fan Django may be one of the more visible groups there are others around.
    tmaccaferrian invited me to a regular weekly jam this week that I thoroughly enjoyed. He can give you the details if you're interested.